Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’m sick of hearing about Naomi. Tired of the drama. At this point she’s become the poster child of rich people mental health problems and it’s coming across as attention whore central. As Dolly said - come down off the cross, somebody needs the wood. 

• Members

My sister put it so well.  She's never liked Osaka (neither have I actually), but my sister's words yesterday were so appropriate.  She said "My Lord what's wrong with her NOW!!?  What does she want NOW?"    Very simple, but I think that's what everyone is thinking and that's the attitude she's cultivated among the public.  Maybe without even knowing it.  I think that's how we all feel, LOL.

• Members

It gets to the point where people stopped feeling sorry and start rolling their eyes at someone.   It reminded me of when Taylor Swift kept exclaiming how she couldn't believe she won.. even though she'd won every award one year.. it was like 'um sweetie that doesn't work anymore'.

• Members

Venus looked amazing especially.  This warmed my heart honestly.  Long story but several years ago now, I worked with a girl that won a title that you would know.  I was with a local for about 15 years in the system.  Scholarship organization.  After several years in our state of coming close, people around her encouraged her to come to us.  You have to win a local in the system to compete at State and the group had a couple of local pageants in the system that she bounced between for 3 or 4 years.  After those several years, her group told her to come to our competition because well...we did have the magic touch.  She won our local, and then won State and then won the whole thing, as we always suspected she would.  During her year she came into contact with the Williams sisters, and they invited her to a couple of events.  Galas if you will.  Actually totally galas.  The national organization did not approve the appearances, even though she offered not to wear the crown or sash or anything.  Contract did not allow it, and ultimately they deemed these were not 'appropriate' appearances because their "brand" was so important.  That tells you enough about the 'brains' at the top of this organization.  After that year I slowly backed away from involvement, and plus, we won it all.  Well, she won it all because that's how our local was.  The girls are competing, not us.  Other locals in our state could never figure it out.  And it was as simple as building them up, teaching them to believe in themselves, and watching them go get it.  But after that experience I wasn't interested anymore.  Her year was spent doing sponsor visits and doing what she was told.  It was terrible.  And we sat back, talked on our 'bat phone' with her, got all the dirt from the inside....and were shocked and amazed at the stupidity of how easy it could have been, to truly have a (insert the title right here) truly be 'relevant' and get us back in the media and on websites everywhere.  Good for the Williams sisters.  ("not appropriate appearances".  HA! My God.

• Members

@Fevuh Being the soap fans that we are, it's never a surprise how the most storied organizations and institutions can make decisions and take stands that exhibit the highest degree of folly and hubris and end up putting themselves on the path to irrelevance.

Tennis organizations  themselves are known for doing this. I know someone who has kids who were in the juniors (tennis) but got so disgusted and ultimately pulled them out of the junior circuit. The USTA is another institution that takes in so much more than they actually produce.

• Members

IW has become garbage! Cameron Norrie last fall and now the robot.

TC was wetting themselves. They wouldn't go off the air. They talked and talked about his win. How he was the first American to win since Aggasi and how he was close in cracking the top 10. Congratulated Paul Annacone.

Nadal looked very upset during the trophy ceremony. I can't believe he lost to that loser.

Also isner and sock won the doubles. Guess who was in their box? Justin Gimelstob.... 

Isner in his acceptance speech said how much he loved him...ewwwww

Edited by Soapsuds