Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nishioka just took out Kohlschreiber in a five-setter with a ton of momentum swings apparently. I really like him, and it sucked that he tore his ACL when he was on the verge of really breaking through. Good start to his return, though.

Wow, how childish of Coco. I see she's back to her old, entitled ways.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

And Jack Sock is gone again...LOLOLOLOL.  He is just horrible. I can't believe he is still in the top 10 with that loss. They were reporting that he had the flu again too....Lawd.....LOL

John Isner gone too..LOL....again Justin Gimbelstob was there as his coach

Please register in order to view this content

I thought he was no longer his coach because he was spending too much time away from his family? Does Justin have a thing for John? I had to LOL at Justin's facial expressions during the match...LMAO

The Americans as a whole went 2-9 yesterday.

• Members

I think I was the only one who was  not surprised by Luksika Kumkhum's straight sets victory over Belinda Bencic. 

In fact, I was expecting it.  Bencic put everything she had into beating Venus, then had little left. 

Kumkhum, on the other hand saw that she wasn't going to face Venus and took one look and Bencic and likely said (in her mind) "I can take this match".

• Members

I can't even speak for most of them.  The only realistic prospects that the U.S. women had were Venus, Madison, CoCo and maybe Sloane, with Shelby and Alison only with a good draw having an outside chance at the second week.  So far Madison is really the only one left, I believe.

I'm going to exclude Venus, who is 37 and has Sjogren's which is a wildly unpredictable disease. I also wonder if the madness of her previous season has made it a challenge for her to reset herself for this season.

The last time Sloane won a match (anywhere), Serena's daughter was still practically in utero.  She also lost the doubles match with Genie Bouchard but they were unlikely to beat Makarova and Vesnina anyway.

CoCo went CoCo (see the video posted above).

Alison Riske had an actual chance against Kirsten Flipkens. Unfortnately, Riske pulled a Christina McHale, who is usually on the brink of winning before managing to lose.

McHale was a non-factor in her own match, but frankly, I no longer look for great results from her anyway.