The Tennis Thread

• Members

Yeah, tough match for Frances, but Lajovic was so steady. 

Looking forward to Venus vs Jankovic.

Saw Lepchenko beat Shvedova, a rare American victory.

The TC panelists were throwing shade about Donna Vekic getting a wild card into Indian Wells above American players. They were speculating that Stanimal pulled some strings.

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

We'll see about Madison. She's undeniably talented, but she easily comes unglued in matches. She has a poor record against most of the top players. But she's young, and there's room for improvement. She's certainly the best female prospect.

I'm bullish on Tiafoe. He's very young, and I think his game will really blossom in the next couple of years.

• Members

So many bad line calls. It's been a while since I've seen so many. There were a bunch in the Beck/Bouchard match as well.

Harrison sucks, but it seems like Dzumhur sucks more unfortunately. What's with Ryan calling a trainer because he was tired?!?!

EDIT: Wow, Dzumhur won.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Dusan Lajovic is not completely unknown. He's no Nolé, but he is a steady player who does not beat himself. Normally you have to beat him.

Frances is still 19 years old. Tennis' years of phenom success is in the past for the foreseeable future. This was Frances second time in the main draw of a Masters ' Event (I believe). I'm going to give him some time.

Hopefully Frances will grow out of the Challengers mentality of allowing yourself to get behind in a match, then believing you can catch up.  In the ATP, normally when someone gets a lead, they do everything to maintain it, and the ways Dusan was serving last night- good luck with that! Dusan was serving aces and unreturnable serves in every serving game that I saw him play.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Well after almost two days of lackluster boring tennis we finally got some drama...LOL.  Ryan Harrison being pimped by none other than the Bozo that is Gimblestob....how great his serve is.....how much better his backhand has gotten. Ryan comes out totally flat and blames fatigue....Ha....Gimble makes excuses how he arrives to the stadium really early and spends the whole day waiting  for his match. What idiot does that? I mean if you want to see other matches I understand but he is just walking around anxiously waiting for his match to begin. FF to the ending....Lord...what fun!  Ryan has two easy backhands down the line. One I believe for a break of serve to go ahead and serve for the match. He misses both backhands. Finally, of course he can't get to the tie breaker and he loses at love I believe...and the drama begins....he smashes his racquet and shakes hands with Dzumhur. He totally goes into meltdown mode and smashes every racquet in his bag....LMAO....priceless as the TC announcer says see you tomorrow....LOLOLOL

Ryan hasn't done squat since winning the American reject tournament. He couldn't get out of qualies in Acapulco and loses first round in Indian Wells. Don't get me started on his speech after his win in the American reject tourney....praising his saintly Mom and Dad to the hills and then saying his future to be wife is like his mom/dad and very saintly and thats why he is marrying her.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Ryan destroying all of those rackets had me in tears. I rewound several times!  

You guys hear about Davis Cup changes?  2 days of play instead of 3 and best of 3 and not 5.  They are trying to woo the elite. Courier says much of the input came from top players. 

• Members

They had the other Bozo in Jay Berger on TC Live. The guy is clueless. He has been with USTA for 15 years now. I think that's when the American male players went to the sh!ts.

It's only going to help the other countries since the US has no elite male players.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

That's like Fed Cup, which is played in two days with doubles going last. We'll see how that goes but the fact still remains that the title holding team still has to defend their title almost immediately. Argentina wins the Cup in late November (damn near December), loses the Cup by February, which is ridiculous! That has to be the shortest victory lap in all of team sports! If they alternated years with Fed Cup, it might actually mean something because it would be a tad rarer.

Truth!

Edited by DramatistDreamer