Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Honestly, the WTA has made it so difficult to watch matches that I've become a bit apathetic about the women's game outside of the Slams and bigger tournaments. Watching the smaller tournaments is how you discover exciting new talent to root for. But when they present so many barriers to viewing, you just give up and stop following the sport as much. I did see Svitolina beat Wozniacki in Dubai a couple weekends ago. 

Nadal is currently dismantling Marin Cilic on the TV right now.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

He's said as much. Just after his win over Novak, he mentioned to a reporter that he still struggles to "get up" for the regular tour matches that don't have the big names.  Also, he hasn't had a coach for well over a year now.

I mentioned early about Sam Querrey's capabilities so, even though, of all the people I would've put in the final, Sam wouldn't have been at the top of that list, I know that he has the ability to eke out big wins, especially if his more talented opponent is flat.

I didn't even bother with Nadal and Cilic and I fell asleep during the Kyrgios and Querrey match. I mentioned like, last year that 90% of Sam's matches put me to sleep, no matter who he plays. His matches against Isner have been the worst though.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I thought for sure Rafa would take him down. This has been a weird year so far in tournament winners. How bad has he been playing that he only went up to #26 in the world with the win. He was ranked in the 40's before this tournament. Did he get to the semis or Quarters last week?  Indian Wells should be interesting starting on Wednesday.

• Members

I fell asleep right before the match and missed the reruns. Wow!  Good for Querry, who's considerably taller than I thought.  Before his match with Nick, I was shocked at his height. Nick is pretty tall and Sam is taller than he is. 

I'm a bit confused why Djoker/Nadal would play Acapulco as opposed to Dubai?  Anyone know? Djoker needed a wildcard. Odd?  

@Faulkner, the WTA really screwed us by not contracting with TC. If not for slams and the end of IW, we can't see matches. I refused to watch Tsurenko/Mladenovic in Spanish!  I'm so pissed about this!  

• Members

I'm crying!

Please register in order to view this content

I started to watch. It sounded like it was in Italian but the level of play was so poor, I clicked out.

Sam is hella tall. If you see him and Isner play matches (which unfortunately I have been unlucky enough to witness), they are similar in height. I think Isner's taller, Sam certainly has better command of his body than Isner).

Acapulco was most likely a way for Novak and Rafa to keep the body warm, pick up some cash and possibly grab a title. I don't know if they were actually prepared to have to play their A games.

No top player with a chance at IW is really going to go all out days before the start of a Masters Level tournament!

Sam most likely knew this was his "shot" at a title and went all out. It will be interesting to see how far he gets at  a Masters level tournament with everyone there. It will be even more interesting to see how the Top 15 players perform next week.