The Tennis Thread

• Members

Yet, ESPN, TC and Darren Cahill kept pimping him. How great he was ...yada yada yada.....and he kept losing to Berdych most of the time in majors. He really hasn't amounted to much and will drop further in the ratings. I have never cared for his 80's game.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And Jack Sock just lost to Nishioka in the first round...LOLOL this after TC pimped him once again today before the coverage began. How he won Florida tournament...we know he would have lost to Milos and how he was at career high #18...whatever...Sasha accomplished that before him at a much younger age two weeks ago.  Everytime TC or ESPN pimps the American males they lose....LMAO

He won the first set but after that it looks like Nishioka took over.

And Thiem's pecs and big a$$ make another appearance thanks to TC....LOL

I flove the Acapulco tournament because the men's matches don't start till 4pm local time and last till past midnight....love it!

• Members

Nishkioka was a qualifier who also beat Ryan Harrison in qualies....LOL  Ryan has been pimped a lot this week too.

Also Casper Ruud won again in the third tournament going on this week. So his ranking went up again.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I love Delpo, but I so wanted that win for Tiafoe. In the end, experience prevailed, but Tiafoe can take comfort that he gave the big man a run for his money. He has tons of potential to go far, but he doesn't get nearly the hype of some of his American peers. Hmm, wonder why...

• Members

Tiafoe vs. DelPo was such a Sophie's Choice for me. I love them both and want them both to do well. I was wishing they hadn't had to play each other in the 1st Round but that was an incredible match. 

Francis has really improved and I think, if he stays healthy, he's got great wins in his future and we'll soon see that big breakthrough (again, he must stay healthy and continue to improve, which is key).

Many tennis pundits were predicting a straight sets win for DelPo but Frances had other ideas, clearly.

Keep in mind, too, that DelPo is Tiafoe's tennis idol. It's true, listen to Tiafoe's interviews of who he grew up watching and whose game he was enamored of, it's Juan Martin!  

So it's big that Frances faced his idol and came so close to beating him, he didn't get bossed off the court.

Frances showed signs of fatigue at 5-5 in the 3rd set and by the tiebreak, the mental fatigue had totally set it. DelPotro, being an experienced player recognized this immediately and put his foot on the accelerator.

Hopefully Frances is not satisfied (and I think he was definitely disappointed) but encouraged at the strides he's been making and decides to push even further to get into that Top 50 (and beyond, of course). There is so much upside in his game.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yes, he should have but lets be realistic about his Oz win. He did beat a lot of good players and even Nadal who he hadn't beaten in a long time but Rafa isn't the same player he once was. Add to that loses from Nole and Murray who he hasn't been able to beat either no matter how awful players I think both are. So everything fell into place for him in Australia. Now everyone is gushing on how he will win Wimbledon and he has said publicly he will play 3 more years...Lawd those are Connor years...LOL...too old IMO.

I was impressed by Tiafoe last night although I still don't care for his service motion. Delpo hasn't looked right the last two weeks. He has been overpowered by Milos and now Tiafoe this week. This is not the same guy who beat Roger at the US Open.

Also I think Roger and Rafa fed off each other at this year's Oz Open. TC is already pimping him as the favorite in Paris. I don't think he will win it but we'll see.

Edited by Soapsuds