Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Serena has withdrawn from Indian Wells. I am told that Kerber will get the #1 ranking. Even if she loses in the 1st round though?

Someone mentioned this morning that Serena's name was on the list for court assignments for practice sessions but missed two consecutive scheduled sessions but I am loathe to jump to conclusions but I had a feeling.

• Members

Not a shocker but I hoped that she'd be able to play. Serena's playing for 25 now, not ranking points, and it's good that she's being careful about her health. The break she took between the U.S. Open and Melbourne really helped her get back into dominating shape.

In terms of ranking points, she was defending a ton from making the final last year against Vika.

Apparently she's out of Miami as well. 

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2017/03/serena-williams-withdraws-indian-wells-angelique-kerber-no-1/64666/

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

This sucks that she won't be competing at all. TC called it earlier that they hadn't seen her practice at all. I am assuming she will only focus on the majors and that's it from now on. She will enter a tournament before the majors and that's it.

• Members

And aren't they all on the same side of the draw?!

Please register in order to view this content

I just heard that Richard Gasquet had surgery of some kind today so he's out of the tournament too.

Okay, I just looked and saw that it was appendicitis.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

He has a pretty easy draw but he still has Dimitrov and Thiem on the top half of the draw. I am hoping both do well and challenge him. I just can't with Murray's rope a dope tennis game. It's a 2017 version of Chris Evert tennis.

Watching the live coverage now on TC and the women's matches suck badly. Where is Venus or Madison to save the women's draw since Serena isn't playing?