DAYS- Stephen Nichols bashed for comments he made in his blog

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't visit any fan boards for MBE and Stephen Nichols. but if its an official site for either actor, and they bash Deidre or Drake, then yes, it reflects badly on them. There is no rational reason for any of these actors to be bashed. The fact that these "fans" can't see that, is scary indeed

• Members

My card just arrived in the mail, and I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

Back on topic, I really like what SN had to say- it is nice to know that their are people over there that are still excited about the show, and seem to enjoy going to work. That being said I am saddened by what happened on DH message board. I understand that maybe her fans are upset about her lack of story/air time, but why take it out on another actor/character that can do nothing about it that just seems alittle silly but maybe that is just me.

• Members

No, that's not what I'm doing, and again, don't put words in my mouth.

First off, when the fans of an official message board of an actor/show are bashing a co-star, I think it's inappropriate. Does it reflect negatively on the actor? Possibly, especially if that actor posts regularly and doesn't do anything to stop it. If you look at Kelly Monaco's official board, she asked her members to stop bashing her co-stars. If they don't have anything constructive to say, then they they shouldn't say anything at all. And HER members respect her for that. Now there are some who do as they damn well please, and those people end up banned.

If Dee is aware of what her members are saying, I'm sure she probably frowns upon that kind of behavior.

I don't see how something innocent and positive that SN said about the changes behind the scenes, should warrant fans bashing him. I just don't get it.....

• Members

i dont get it how is this upsetting or getting bashed or having anything to do with Diedri Hall? he's having fun and excited for the change just like D Hall was when another prievious writer vacated his role as head writter years ago umm Tom L was his name

• Members

I would have respect for some of these obsessive fans if they said, "I only watch for Deidre Hall; I want Marlena to be the main character. I will hate any character that takes the spotlight off of her, and any actor who says anything positive about the show, while Marlena isn't center stage." But that will never happen! lol

• Members

This kind of stuff happens all the time on actors' personal message boards, whether it's DAYS, GL, whatever. Fans are quite loyal to the actor/character that the message board is devoted to and therefore quite quick to judge other actors/characters. It really is not a big deal at all and in no way does this reflect on Deidre Hall. Lots of stars have their websites managed by someone else anyhow, so they're not going to see the day-to-day conversation. Not that it matters, cuz like I said, a bunch of rabid fans-- no matter which fanbase they're for or against-- don't reflect the opinions of the actor.

Meanwhile, if DAYS is looking to trim the cast again, they can indeed start with the Johnson family. I like Kayla, but she's always going to be tied to Steve, who brings nothing to the show anymore. They can take their trampy cum-hungry daughter Stephanie with them, too.

• Members

This happens EVERYWHERE.

"I don't watch GL now that David Andrew Macdonald (who??) is gone..."

"I only watch DAYS for Philip & Chloe..."

"I stopped watching GL when Laura Wright left and now I watch GH because she's on there."

Go to any actor pages' message boards and you'll always find hopelessly devoted fans, devoted to only one actor, one actress, one couple, one character. It's not just fans of Deidre Hall or John/Marlena. To think that only Dee/J&M fans are like this is like sticking your head in the sand.

• Members

Of course it happens everywhere, and again, I would have some respect for them if some of these fans were self aware. In this instance, we are talking about the J&M board, so it's relevent. And if an actor allows bashing of other actors on their official web site, if reflects poorly on them. And ignorance of what is going on isn't an excuse.

• Members

I havn't read any actor bashings yet because I try my best to avoid those threads and posts. But I have to say that I love Nichols blog. Amazing plog. It just felt so good to read it.

I read some of the comments there and someone mentioned getting goosebumps and chills when they read it. Couldn't describe it better myself.

Archived