DAYS- Stephen Nichols bashed for comments he made in his blog

• Members

Right. Concentrate on the individuals WITHIN the couples first.

The show has to be about more than the couples.

Stories can be generated by the jobs the characters do, but so few characters are actively working anymore. Round out the characters. Allow them to be more dimensional. We're wives, mothers, AND career women (or uh, men). So we'd like to see the characters we love being wives, mothers, and career women, too.

Put Kayla, Hope, Lexie and Marlena back to work. Show them being the competent professionals we'd like them to be. Not just for a couple of days, but regularly. Show them interacting with their patients/co-workers, with family members: Brothers, sisters, parents, their friends, etc.

When discussing things, let them agree. Disagree. Agree TO disagree. But let us see it.

Show more women scenes...women shopping, grabbing a bite, sharing their problems with each other, encouraging each other. Show more of the guys together hanging out, shooting a little pool or something.

These things are starting to happen but they're so S L O W to be incorporated.

A little romance is good too. It seems like when the writers think romance, they're thinking sex so that makes me wonder where the women writers are. I'm sure men can write great romance too but Hogan doesn't seem able to.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was the "knee pads" comment that really got me, it was so nasty. I know that Deidre Hall has the capacity to be a great actress, and Marlena certainly is an iconic character. But some of her obsessive fans are ruining it for her. BTW, I agree about the Roman, Marlena, John triangle. And I loved the Stella-Marlena plot, it brought Marlena back to life again

• Members

I've watched DAYS when Ms. Hall was there, and I've watched DAYS when she wasn't. To me, it makes no difference (whether she's there or not). But, for God's sake, will someone please write her character with integrity again!? What this show has done to Marlena over the years is nothing short of criminal.

• Members

I saw nothing wrong with his blog. I loved reading it. I don't know why he would be trashed for giving us the 411. He didn't have to do it, but he did. It's good to know that the new producer actually gives input and cares about the quality of the show. I have more hope for Days now.

Archived