DAYS- Stephen Nichols bashed for comments he made in his blog

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One thing: DAYS fanbases are never happy... never. It was nice of Stephen Nichols to give us a detailed description of Ed Scott's first 2 weeks there; he didn't have to do it. Nothing in his blog should've made those fanbases bash him. This is all completely ludicrous and I agree with what one poster said; these fanbases ARE killing the soaps -- DAYS especially.

All this equals to one thing: jealousy. Some fans aren't happy that Dee isn't being used, and that she isn't front and centre, so they bash SN?

Dee has always been a favourite of mine and she has always been a fan favourite. She honestly is the face of DAYS.

The "With Deidre Hall" credit is nothing to complain about... it's just a simple credit... :mellow:

• Members

It must be an anti-diva thing. Some fans will forever hate on the stars that have gotten more exposure, bigger press, and are more popular in general, because their B-list favorites aren't leading the show. That's why Deidre Hall, Kim Zimmer, Susan Lucci, etc. will always be crapped on just for breathing.

• Members

When you have to make things personal, you obviously have nothing legit to say back. But I will say that I actually like Deidre Hall, and off and on Marlena has been one of my favorite characters on the show. I have no problem with Dee or Marlena, I do have a problem with rabid fans of any particular character or couple.

• Members

I agree.

With any fanbase, when you start to become fixated on the actor/character, and only them, while simultaneously hating everyone who dares be featured instead of your favorite, theres something wrong upstairs. I'm not singling out any particular fanbase, because there are just a few bad apples in each that make the entire group look bad, so don't think I'm generalizing.

I'm just saying that theres a difference between being a fan and being outright obsessed. Some people need to learn that.

• Members

Okay, that's nice. But why would rabid fans' chatter be a reflection of an actor? Why single out Dee when this happens to nearly ALL actors? *That* was my legit point. There's no reason to single out Deidre Hall and try to make her look guilty or negligent of what "her" fans are saying about other co-stars, when this happens all the time, everywhere, on any show. There's no need to take Dee to task for what fans are saying.

• Members

I don't think I explained myself clearly. I don't blame Deidre Hall for this at all; it's not her fault what is being said. But I do think it isn't a good represntation of her, and if she knows about it, she should stop it. And Deidre isn't being singled out, I don't go to any other "fan boards," so I don't know what is being said. Ultimately, it's a shame when an actor is happy at his workplace and has some positive things to say about changes on a show that is clearly having major problems, and he is personally attacked. How can anyone defend that!?

Archived