AMC: Wednesday

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Encouraging, heh.

What they have going for them is that's all very McTavish and personally I do tend to enjoy her first 12 months at AMC at least moderately. Then it's all crash and burn from there. What they don't have going for them with me personally is McTavish's crash and burn was recent and went on for a loonngg time - the memory is still fresh and I've seen multiple times what that style deteriorates into. If I hadn't watched in a few years that wall wouldn't be there for me (like it wasn't when MMT came back in 2003)...

I'm going to give the team time though (2-3 months) before the real big stink-eye comes out, maybe they'll end up being a twist between McTavish/Broderick (who were just great together) rather than say McTavish/Higley (just...noOOOooooOOO! lol).

• Members

The irony is B&E succeeded McTavish on GL too. Both writing teams started off good in the first 6-12 months, then crashed and burned by year two. I'm not saying that's going to happen this time, but B&E's track record is as sketchy as McTavish's. I don't know what the future holds for AMC, but I wish it well.

• Members

The problem is that the greenlee story comes out of nowhere. Suddenly she decides to kidnap spike? Then backs out at the last minute and crashes? come on! It was tres predictable. Others, myself included suggested that it would have been a stonger story if Green HADn'T decided to kidnapp Spike, crashed and was falsely accused of the act. A small change in the story would have made for great drama, would have made sense AND would have accomplished the writers' intended goal of fleshng out and making us feel sorry for Greenlee. I'm all about giving these writers a shot (though i've seen them wreck a show or three before) already they're off to a coulda been better start (shades of Micheal Cambias SUDDENLY being a rapist, Alexander Cambias SUDDENLY being a murderer).

• Members

The only person I didn't feel sorry for was Greenlee. The flashbacks didn't even do it for me. I understand her, and I'm glad she changed her mind, but I can't feel sorry for her. When I saw her laying on those rocks passed out I just thought she's pathetic and that poor baby is suffering because of HER.

I guess I'm not over the initial anger.

Cam was great in that final scene when he wanted to go to Spike, but Aidan had to hold him. He wanted to fix it, but he couldn't do it this time. Pretty powerful stuff.

Though his running through the rocks ala Congo just a few seconds before had me cracking the hell up. Oh, man. I had to pause I was laughing so hard as he galloped over those rocks.

Alicia is killing me. Her eyes. The lack of makeup. The way she's keeps holding onto Zach for dear life trying to appear strong. She's getting her strength from Zach and Erica (on the same side!), and it's beautiful, but you can tell she's on the verge of breakdown. AM is doing so well that I feel Kendall wants to leap out of the bed and go get her baby boy, but she knows she has to hold back to try and saver her other baby boy. Good acting.

My only negative about today's show was of course the overabundance of Greenbacks, the drawn out scenes of her going to for the phone only to keep passing out, and finally the whole Java/Lily fiasco. Jonathan should've been the one holding back his brother on those rocks. Here was a chance for Jon to be exactly where he was needed and instead they have him in another story about Ava's meltdown. Adam/Ava were fine on their own, but I'm really sick of her character. It's too much, too fast.

Nice to see Jamie, Babe, and Kwak helping the Kanes for a change. I like them in the supporting role. Same with Tad, though I didn't care for his little quip about Adam. You buried someone alive. Quit with the superior BS.

• Members

Haven't seen today's show yet - but I'm excited about what I'm hearing - and to see B&E's first episode.

I was out with my friends last night - and my former roommmate's wife works at a hospital AND she's 7 months pregnant. Well I was SO happy to hear from her that she, along with all her co-workers, are HOOKED on AMC right now. I didn't even know she watched AMC - but she said they watch during their lunch break at work and are obsessed with the Kendall/Greenlee/Spike storyline right now. I guess she feels like she can relate being pregnant and at the hospital right now? Anyway - she said some of the girls who have never even watched a soap opera is watching now bc of this storyline.

Good news people! :)

• Members

Joanna Cohen wrote B&E's first credited episode! Take that, Mandy B! :P

Cohen R-O-C-K-E-D Erica's Kane Women speech! Lucci delivered it like she meant it! It's so refreshing to Erica act like a strong mature woman. Still can't stand the broad, but love Lucci!

YIKES! Leven caught me off guard with Hova's drug induced hysteria. Even though Hova seems a little directionless (maybe B&E will do something with her -- hopefully), I have to give Leven her props. Lills and Hova are becoming two different people. It wasn't until almost after Lily left (No drugs, no drugs!) that I had to remind myself that the actress who just finished shrieking and spazzing out in the ER in a drug induced panic, is the same actress who is playing Lily.

Cameron -- praise GOD, you stepped up your game for the first time since Gillian's death. Instead of :mellow:, he actually gave emotion to Ryan when he saw Spike at the crash scene. And I should hope so, being the father of two small children himself. Draw on SOMETHING, babes. Anything! I'm tired of :mellow: all the damn time.

Now, onto what I'm more comfortable doing -- complaining.

I'm trying, really... I am trying my best to accept SabineLee -- but my body's rejecting her like a bad organ transplant! Ugh! Okay, so Greenlee's in excruciating pain. No doubt, she's just survived a nose dive off of Pine Valley's magical cliffs that spring up out of nowhere. But what in the HELL is up with all of that gulping and hiccupping noise she keeps doing to emote "pain"? Tone it down, Sabine. Tone it down.

Jonathan is useless -- end of THAT story.

Jamie? A computer wiz? :rolleyes:

R. Sinclair: Quick! 1+1!

Jamie: Uh... uh... :blink:

Anyhow, just when I thought we were rid of the Fake Flashbacks, they return with a fuckin' VENGENCE! Since when does Millicient look so damn young? I mean, you go from Broadway Diva Mary Louise Wilson to this chick? :rolleyes:

• Members

Cellular Ryan

Location location location! It's all about location! At least for Ryan that is as he gets on his cell phone today and starts wondering where the Green Butterfly is and what happened to his beloved Spike. Hmm maybe Greenlee if she had continued driving would have encountered a four eyed philosophy student ready to shout out the 10 Commandments to her and he has the capability of swallowing up someone whole and gobble them up like a turkey with an erection! So now Ryan being the idiot he is keeps asking where Greenlee is but you would think with his superhero powers that he would have x ray vision and be able to detect her whereabouts and go save her and run faster than Elizabeth Taylor walks down the aisle! Yippee more of Ryan coming down to save the day and making his grand entrance just like Zsa Zsa Gabor would do at the Menopause Ball where all the women thankfully cannot be impregnated by Ryan and give birth to a 10 armed octopus who can stroke his whack whack just as soft as Mighty Mouse runs a race. Okay that did not make sense but like Ryan would ever understand something. This guy does not know what two plus two is and cannot even spell Dynamite Kiddo as his version of spelling it would be D U F U S I S M E and that would be true but not the correct spelling. Oopsie Ryan made a mistake. Let's hang him by his pink tights and have him choke faster than Bubba jumps the prison guard at San Quentin! Talk about having some shortcomings, right? Yep yep you guessed it

• Members

This was a a good episode, could have some without the Jonathan/Ava storyline today.

RE:Since when does Millicient look so damn young? I mean, you go from Broadway Diva Mary Louise Wilson to this chick?

For some reason I think that the actress who was playing Millicent today was the same actress that played Shannon McKechnie on ATWT?

Not that it made any sense, because she looks so young to be Greenlee's grandmother..

• Members

I was wondering who she was playing. At first I thought she was playing Greenlee's mother. But her grandmother? :blink: Yes, that was Margaret Reed who played Shannon McKennie on ATWT. It was nice to see her on daytime again.

• Members

She's been De-SORASed to the age of Greenlee's mom. I thought that chick looked familiar, thanks for the name Soapsuds.

Sinclair, :mellow: is cracking my butt up. But touche, Cam added substance to the :mellow: in that last scene. I have to say I was paticularly impressed by AT in that last scene, that moment where he sees the crash scene - his acting was superb there, subtle but strong. First time I've taken notice of his acting in ages.

And there were only 8...or 10 fake flashbacks, eh... sigh.

Erica's speech, the Kane women thing is something I go "again?" too after the past few years, but I guess I fell for it today. I like when Erica gets all automatic mama bear like that, and you just knew it would work because behind all the maturity and growing up, Kendall's still got that wired area about showing she can fit in with the family and it sort of brings out that automatic (hardcore) area in her. Nice.

• Members

WOW! Those last 5 minutes were intense, as well as the previews for tomorrow. Can't wait!

Cameron Mathison BROUGHT it today - he had me tearing up at the end. I haven't felt this bad for Ryan in forever. You go boy!

I know I'm in the minority - but I'm totally 'drinking the kool-aid' or whatever cute little cliche you want to use. I am feeling for my girl Greenlee - granted, I am totally rooting for Spike and Zendall and their baby #1 - but I really do still have a soft place for Greenlee Smythe and today I found myself rooting for her to survive. I LOVED the retro Millicent/Greenlee flashback. It was so Cold Case with that music and lighting. Anyway - even though Millicant may have been De-SORASed, that's ok! Hell, I'm just happy they haven't forgotton about that old, cold bitch! Keep bringing that history alive! Go 'head!

Leven was way impressive with her coked-out act today. Those first few scenes with Adam were dynamite. I loved Adam's line "Is it cold?". But of course Jonathan had to ruin it all for me. I just don't get why he has to bully everyone. He is such a threatening accuser....and I hated how he treated Adam.

Great episode! I can't wait to see more of B&E's work - and see what other good storylines they can come up with in the near future.

Archived