DAYS IS DYING

• Members

Most people in the industry know that Days is on it's last leg, so to speak. It's not all Hogie's fault but he really has failed too. The word is that the stories over which he had creative control like Belle/Phillip/Shawn, EJ/Lucas/Sami, Nick/Chelsea, Steve/Kayla were busts. And I agree. He had a chance to show his chops with the characters the show could afford to pay, and he failed. The Belle baby story was worthy of McTavish or Weston....

b

There's been talk of a shakeup behind the scenes. I don't have any insider information but here's my speculation.

Exec Producers

Ken Corday and ED Scott

Headwriters

Hogan Sheffer and Paula Cwikly

or

Exec Producers

Ken Corday and JOHN R. Smith

Headwriters

John Smith and Sara Bibel

Breakdown Writers

Sally Sussman

Trent Jones

Jim Houghton

Script Editor

Beth Milstein

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly can't think of anyone I'd want in the HW position at the moment other than Sheffer. Maybe JER along side him. Bradbury IMO has more experience at writing family oriented soaps like AMC, and I think would really have a hard time incorporating the whole adventure/action stuff in her storylines. John Smith maybe.

Haven't Cwikly and Sheffer worked together before at ATWT?

• Administrator

With Hogan Sheffer

Head Writers:

Hogan Sheffer

Carolyn Culliton

or

Hogan Sheffer

James E. Reilly

Without Hogan Sheffer

Head Writers:

James E. Reilly

Sheri Anderson

And the writing teams for both scenarios

Associate/Breakdown Writers:

Stephen Demorest

Peter Brash

Addie Walsh

Beth Milstein

Jeanne Marie Ford

Script Writers:

Richard Culliton

Sofia Landon Geier

Patrick Mulcahey

Maura Penders

Richard J. Allen

Michele Val Jean

Script Editor:

Courtney Simon

Executive Consultant:

Me :)

As for EPs: Gary Tomlin, Wendy Riche or Christopher Goutman

• Members

If Reilly comes back to DAYS I'm done with it but that ain't gonna happen. It didn't end well between him and Corday plus numerous members of the cast where outspoken about their RELIEF over Reilly's departure.

• Members

B&C as HW would be my only choice to replace Hogan. Otherwise, I would take Sheri Anderson as a co-HW to Hogan. That is it. As far as EP's, let's be realistic. Corday is going nowhere. However, I would select Ed Scott to replace Wyman. That would work.

I would like to know if anyone else has heard rumors of a behind the scenes shakeup. We heard rumors back in June and nothing more came of it. Days has been quiet behind the scenes and with the whole back and forth between Hogan and Corday in interviews I wonder if something could be going on.

• Members

I agree. That would even make me quit watching. That would be a major regression and just the name JER being mentioned in conjunction with Days would drive long time fans and fanbases further away from the show. That would be a bad move and one that I doubt will happen. JER would never return now nor would Corday consider it.

• Members

Executive Producer: Shelley Curtis

Headwriters: Sheri Anderson & Richard J. Allen :wub:

Associate/Breakdown Writers:

Beth Milstein

Peter Brash

Anne Schoettle

Jeanne Ford

Lorraine Broderick

Scriptwriters:

Sofia Landon Geier :wub:

Patrick Mulcahey :wub:

Bettina Bradbury

Gillian Spencer

Dena Higley

• Members

Honestly, Douglas Marland and Bill Bell could rise from the dead and write Days and the show would probably never regain the core audience it has lost this year. Also, NBC has repeatedly shown that they are not invested in this show and basically can't wait to get rid of it. Also, let's keep in mind, if quality rises, than doesn't necessarily mean ratings will too.

• Members

I'm satisfied with Hogan but it could be better. For instance, I would love for the Horton family to be placed in proper perspective as the lead family again instead of the Brady family. That is just about the worst direction the story has taken in my opinion. Horton's have strong ideals and expectations of life whereas the Brady family is very earthy. I was really unhappy when they came on the scene in the first place. Is Days the only soap that doesn't have doctors, attorneys, business owners or anyone who earns a living other than restaurant/bar owners and cops? It's just too flat.

The show is still in transition. It takes time to find what works. Unfortunately I do believe that Hogan made an error in judgment by rushing Sami into a leading lady and by doing so had to make a break in LUMI who has a solid fanbase. I love it myself, but can see where many won't go with the flow here. The summer story is not that bad as the way it's played out and using new characters we aren't caring about.

I'd love to see some sophistication return, elegance, and really romantic stories as well as interesting stories work related such as hospitals, courtrooms, boardrooms, why, I even enjoyed Austin and Nicole working out of Sami apartment because at least it was actually ambitious and I know of folks who have started that very same way.

Archived