DAYS IS DYING

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm actually very happy with pretty much all the storylines on Days right now. I haven't fast forwarded in months. I love the Colleen/Santo story. So if it took this long for Hogan to get the show back on track, I can only imagine how great the show could be in another year.

• Members

Good point. I will go further with that and say that even if those two were writing the show a good amount of people would still not be happy. I said before and I will say again...the Days HW position is the worst job in soaps. The fans are so hard to read. One minute they want happy couples in adventures. They get that and then they wonder why they never see the couple with their children and all. They say they want angst for their couple and they get it but then whine about how they aren't happy. I still don't get how any writer is supposed to shift through all that and keep the majority of people happy. It's not possible, which is why since 1997 I have come to the conclusion that no matter who is writing the show will never be satisfying to everyone. Never. Fans have changed since the 80's and times have changed. The patience isn't there anymore and if one isn't being entertained, they turn the channel. Days is trying to adapt to that but sometimes that also alienates your long-time fans so it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't thing.

Hogan was on the job one week and the fanbases were already upset saying that he lied and the couples were still apart and so on. They actually took Hogan's words to mean he was going to do everything he said in one week. That alone should say what a Days HW has to deal with. My hope is that Hogan keep writing for what he thinks is best and what he thinks is the better story, not what will please everyone. I get the feeling he wants to please everyone and that isn't possible. Even getting Sheri back won't please everyone. Supercouple fans and 80's fans will be happy but JER fans and a good amount of fans that started with the 90's version of Days will still want their gothic, campy Days. That is the divide JER's first run created. It split fans and now it's hard to get those fans to adjust to a similar version of Days from the 80's...one that is grounded but still adventurous. As I said, there is no pleasing everyone. Not anymore.

• Members

The show is better than it was from Nov-April; and if those "dark days" were HS's doing, well, I'd rather not see anything along those lines ever again. If I had not already been invested in JS/EJ, I would not have watched at all (I've been watching on and off since about 1970 and there have been plenty of times I've hated it so much I'll go months without turning it on.)

I think AS has the ability to be a lead character - but I don't feel the same about lucas: he's a supporting character at best. For me lucas/sami stinks; the Santeen story is getting good; the twenty somethings are still boring; all the DiMeras are great (including Anna); Bo/Hope etc are good.

Sheri Anderson and Beth M as HR

Wyman - out

keep Donato and the rest doesn't matter to me as long as they can write

• Members

If DAYS IS DYING it because of lack of network support and NOT because of quality, or Hogan Sheffer or anything along those lines.

Soap Opera's are just a dying breed and DAYS has the unlucky distinction of being on the network that is more trigger happy than the rest...by a mile.

DAYS will survive NBC!

And I do not want a THING changed on this show.

The headwriter has done a great job and I do not agree with anything that was originally stated.

Archived