Primetime Soaps

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I was looking through the new Entertainment Weekly with the reunion photos, and getting a little emotional at Harold Ramis not being there for the Ghostbusters shoot, and what do I see?

None other than a reunion shoot, and a 4-page article, for Sisters.

That's right. SISTERS. The show that, as mentioned in the article, isn't even on DVD, isn't even streaming.

As someone who was, back in the day, a devoted fan of the first 3 or 4 seasons, I was shocked that a show which is mostly remembered now for that thing Ashley Judd and Paul Rudd and George Clooney were on actually got a reunion in the hipper-than-thou EW. And it was a decent article too. Respectful of the cast, acknowledging that the show had some OTT stories but also pointing out how experimental the show was, and with some great comments from Swoosie, Julianne, Sela, and Patricia.

I won't put anything up now as it's still on the stands. I might eventually.

If you were a fan of the show go out and buy it. You won't regret it.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I saw a slide show on their website. I was mostly drawn to it because of Little House on the Prairie (which seemed to be the centerpiece of the feature, once again proving that LHOTP will never. die.), but I too was surprised to see Sisters there. I've only seen two episodes, but I enjoyed them. Their reunion photo was very fresh, and they could totally update that series with that cast.

• Members

I saw the Little House one too (damn Melissa Gilbert butchered her face - no wonder she looks so sour all the time).

The first two seasons are the best. It's not a great show but it's quirky in a good way, the cast gel, and there's a nice, fun breeziness along with real heart.

• Members

This year is the 50th anniversary of the premiere of the first (and as far as I am concerned, best) primetime soap on American TV, Peyton Place. Someday I'd love to see EW reunite the living cast members, especially my two faves, Ryan O'Neal and Mia Farrow, who as Rodney and Allison were simply magical together!