DAYS: Friday

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just watched the show and thought it was pretty good...

Things i enjoyed most: Kayla telling Lucas about being raped and how she eventually forgave her rapist (great use of history here)....Roman and Marlena talking about Tony, and Marlena asking Roman why Anna was kissing Tony...Also the john, steve, EJ stuff was pretty good..I do think they should have used it as a friday cliffhanger though... finally i loved Sami thanking EJ and him winking at her, great moment between those two...I'm a fan who can't decide who i like more Lumi or EJami...Lumi has so much history and Ali and Bryan are amazing together..But on the other hand EJami is new and fresh...and James Scott is incredible in the role...Thats why this triangle works, is because there are so many compassionate fans campaigning for both sides...

on to the younger scene--i actually really enjoyed their stuff..The Max and Jeremy scenes were interesting...Is Jeremy running some white slave/mail order bride operation with foreign girls..If so that would be a cool twist and pretty messed up...Obviously he didn't just hook up with the girl and break her heart...Also i felt what Chelsea said was dead on the Stephanie, just wish she would listen to the advice...But Stephanie is acting like most people in a bad relationship, she's settling and refusing to see how bad she's being treated..Maybe just afraid to be alone like her mother was all those years...

• Members

Stephanie is acting like a brain damaged twit. Or else a little girl who bounces from being 8 to 13 at any given moment. But one who does nothing but talk about sex sex sex.

The whole mess drives me crazy.

Somebody needs to intervene and fix the whole situation. It's dragging the quality of the show way down.

• Members

This was the first day I was actually interested in the younger storyline. Now we are finally getting some depth to the characters and seeing story movement instead of just hooking up/party scenes. Clearly, Jeremy is much worse than just a horny jerk and Jett is most likely working an undercover mission. Max, Chelsea and Stephanie are going to be somehow pulled into Jeremy's evil scheme, with an abuse storyline between Steph/Jeremy also a possibility. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to get this story moving!

• Members

Hey they very well could have had these characters just party all summer and just switch partners..but at least they are trying to add some mystery to the storyline with Jeremy's side business...I'm just hoping its something really dangerous, and it puts them all in big danger down the line...

• Members

Oh, yeah. Stephanie could be killed off so Steve and Kayla could have another baby.>>""

This isn't Steve & Kayla's child. This is some pod person Valley Girl impersonator who showed up. Nobody's noticed the difference because of some really weird swamp gas going on in the executive level of the show.

• Members

It was a good way to end the week.

Loved John and Steve working together and their scene with Roman in the beginning. John trusting Steve and giving him his gun was a nice nod to what happened earlier this year. Glad it was addressed. JS was good in conveying his fear in the safehouse scenes.

Good seeing Marlena acting as a mother to Sami again. I am loving this. I also loved the Lucas/Kayla scenes. You can tell they enjoyed it and I know MBE likes playing sweet scenes like this so it must be a joy for her having to interact with Ciara and Lucas. I liked her bringing up her rape too. Nice nod to history.

I also liked EJ's wink at Sami and her whispering "thank you." I get where Lucas is coming from. I just wish he wasn't so annoying with it. I also loved Roman asking Marlena for help with Tony and Marlena warning EJ.

I have a feeling that Jeremy is involved in human trafficking or some slavery thing. The scenes with Max, Jeremy, and the young girl were chilling. I just got a horrible feeling from them. Plus, the Dimera's are involved so this could be very bad. I also liked Chelsea/Stephanie/Jett. I am convinced Jett is a cop now. This story has gotten very interesting now.

The Tony/Bart scenes were fantastic. Tony's last line was chilling. Good stuff.

Can't wait for next week!

• Members

I agree whole heartedly with this statement. Back in November, I was so excited for the summer because I knew that summer meant much for the younger crowd. And for the first time in years, DAYS had a phenomenal young cast. I couldn't wait. Never did I imagine this [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

I am glad to know that there is someone else who has never seen the appeal of Lumi. Their wedding had some nice moments and seeing those clips brought back many memories, but Lucas has treated Sami like she was Carrie's inferior for so long, that when Lucas didn't dump her at the altar I simply saw it as Lucas not wanting EJ to have a chance with Sami. Just like when Lucas throws a fit and makes Sami walk out on her mom, dad, stepdad, and uncle because he doesn't want her near Elvis, I see it as manipulation from a passive/aggressive male, not as a protective measure from a loving husband.

Agreed. Last summer was the best Days of Our Lives had been since the B&C era, and the relationship that grew between Sami and EJ was part of its charm. I refuse to stop rooting for a couple with the chemistry and the potential that Ali and James have just because the new HW was a fool. Hogan wrote himself into this corner and now he will just to have to write himself out of it.

• Members

Yup, this story is literally miles better than Shawn, Mimi, Phillip and Belle, a quad with no chemistry from any angle. There is action here, there is mystery here, there are actors who actually play well off of each other here. It is not the best teen/young adult story the show has ever had, but it is better than many - like "Saved by the Bell- island edition" or Shawn in the cage or Melissa and Pete or the scrambled eggs fiasco. I was also thinking along the lines of white slavery, and this version of Tony could believably be behind it. He has definitely been written as that a bad a dude, and Jeremy just may be that big a monster. Is Jett an undercover cop? Probably, and that is a smart move for the show. DAYS is ridiculously low on nonwhite characters and all of the currrent cops are on the grey beard side. The whole setup is pretty good, and I am enjoying it.

• Members

ICAM! I hope this Colleen and Santo stuff is his way of writing himself out of this corner. But I worry when the show seems to have caved to RINR people to write in details about Dec. 29 that were never shown such as EJ putting a gun to Sami's head.

• Members

RINR? Rape is not romance? If that is part of a campaign from Lumi fans, then their hypocrisy should make it easy for the show to disregard their spam. Violence against women includes more than just rape, and Lucas would know. At this point, EJ's redemption could just about write itself. Case in point: Andre's next attempt at obtaining the stem cells causes Sami to lose one or more of the babies. A shattered Sami kills Andre, and then forgets what she has done. EJ confesses to the murder and accepts a prison sentence in Sami's stead. When the truth comes out, few would be able to argue that Lucas "I framed my soulmate for the murder that I committed" Roberts was the bettter man for Sami.

• Members

ICAM!

LUMI fans are forgetting some of the HORRIBLE things that Sami/Lucas have both done in the past.

Yes, EJ raped Sami and yes there should be consequences. But there is also room for redemption.

If Lucas can be redeemed from framing Sami for murder of Franco and letting her go to the leathal injection table for it and if Sami can be reedemed for raping Austin (among COUNTLESS other horrible acts), then EJ can certainly be redeemed for his mistakes.

RINR is one of the most hypocritical fan campaigns i have EVER seen!

Archived