June 18-22, 2007

Toups

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem with the recent premptions is that it wasn't a nationwide one. It was being pre-empted in some major markets but not everywhere which meant they still take those ratings into account and divide by 5. Next week it will be a nationwide pre-emption so they will only count 3 days. Which could work out to be a plus.

• Members

I absolutely dont want James E Reilly back!

JER and Sheffer have both given it a try to bring the ratings up, and they have both failed.

The best thing for DAYS is for Ken Corday to do some serious restructuring among the writers. I think they should try having a team of 2-3 headwriters instead of one. And then they could make sure at least one of them is someone who has worked on DAYS for many years and knows the show.

• Members

If the viewers are not watching Days, it's their loss. It is not Hogan's. He has brought a great, historical story to light and worked in many of the vets. It's supreme right now. Folks who just now tune in may not enjoy Jeremy/Jett/Stephanie/Chelsea as I even find them hard to take, but seeing the huge story and the vets more than makes up for that. The only group not involved in the umbrella for the summer but do have a story are Philip/Belle/Shawn/Claire etc. I'm really looking forward to that one because I do like this group.

I'm heartened that Days remained the same in rank and only one soap gained, so it wasn't a huge short failing.

If the J&M fans are tuning out, it truly is their loss because we have seen Marlena do some of her very best work being a mother (finally). I rejoiced.

The dialog is supurb, too. I think it's way too soon to start calling for another change in HW because it has taken Hogan this long to get his story even started.

• Members

I also blame some viewers. They tune out good drama, reward big stunts like a slasher story and the "ice storm", and get talented actresses like (see ATWT casting news spoiler) fired with their constant complaining.

I am very disappointed that the Emmy wins, and more importantly, compelling emotional writing last week for Gus and Harley and Rafe, and Dinah and Mallet, did absolutely NOTHING to help the ratings at GL.

I hope that these numbers are wrong.

• Members

I agree completely. DAYS has been very good overall the last few weeks, and Hogan is making good use of the vets and the show's history. It's not perfect, but it's much improved over winter/early spring, and I find myself very entertained each day. However, those ratings didn't fall overnight and they won't go back up overnight. I think we're going to have to see weeks if not months of good, consistent writing to get the ratings up again.

• Members

I am not really watching Days these days but if it has improved, then great. I'm sure some fans will never come back. But others might, eventually. Or maybe even new fans will start watching. But the show needs to continue to get better and be consistently good. People on college campuses and online and in offices and other places will spread the word if it becomes must see TV. It may never have 10 million viewers, but I think there is some loyalty out there that could be reignited if the product warrants it.

• Members

I tuned back into Days to watch Patch and Kayla. I really enjoyed the Sami and Lucas story. Now they are obviously moving Sami to EJ and I haven't seen Kayla in a month. John and Marlena also have part-time jobs.

I don't recognize all of those teens.

I'm angry at Hogan Sheffer. He is kind of screwing with me. He's starting to remind me of Frons.

Archived