June 18-22, 2007

Toups

• Members

Well, SOAPS SUCK!!! THERE WAS NO MAJOR RISE! All of them stayed the same or dropped. What the hell is this. These Ratings are crap. All My Children is not good right now and it shows. Even though I am a fan it sucks. OLTL will drop next week because there is nothing good this week. DAYS is doing eveything they can to rise but its not working. GH is on a slump. Y&R still have not dropped. What the hell!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree. Why is it at #4? Theres nothing major going on. Tate is Boring! Its just boring. They are streching the whole Jessica/Nash/Antonio thing. The only reason it rised was because of the Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday cause of the Musical. OLTL will drop next week!

• Members

It's amazing though with both GH and Y&R. Though neither show is at a creative peak and are arguably at their worst, yet they remain extremely consistent in the ratings. Whereas shows like Days and ATWT, which had some of their best material of the year aired last week, continue to fall and remain very inconsistent in the ratings.

Overall, another pathetic week for soaps!

• Members

I actually thought GL was good last week as well.

I guess the viewers arent liking the Meg/Craig fiasco of a storyline. The wedding was last week and the remote on Friday. This just tells me changes in writing is needed at ATWT. It is so obvious and clear what must be done at ATWT.

• Members

OLTL deserves #4. GL definitely isn't doing anything interesting and while I don't watch AMC at least its viewers are loyal to show and thats why I think they consistently stay in the top rankings.

I guess CarJack isn't going to save ATWT after all....another week to ponder the mystery that is ratings. Cleo and Gwen were not on that much last week. Neither were Katie or Brad. And I know people are now going to blame the writing or Peg. But I don't think thats the reason. The ratings aren't bad because of one single couple or the writing. I'm starting to blame viewers to be honest. If they don't want to tune in and watch because they're not getting everything they desire thats there problem. If ATWT is cancelled which I doubt will happen I'll be sad. But it won't come as a surprise given how quick people are to abandon soaps these days.

• Members

I wouldnt consider a 2.4 and a 2.3 top ratings. Even B&B is stuck in 2.8 range lately. But I think B&B sucks right now anyways...lol.

The viewers are not to bleme for ATWT ratings woes. The ones to blame are Jean Passanante and Chris Goutman. Jean's writing is horrible and Chris is allowing her to write this crap. While I have enjoyed ATWT these past two weeks the show overall lately has sucked! Only a few liked what was happening during the last couple of months. Only now with Carly's return has there been more interest in the show.

• Members

The majority of the fans left watching any of the shows are the longtime loyal ones. If they're leaving now, it's because they've finally reached their breaking points. Days has been much better in the past couple of weeks (especially compared to the last half of May which was atrocious), but I personally know a lot of fans who have reached their limit and simply refuse to trust the writing anymore. They may return, but it's going to take months of consistently good writing to woo them back.

• Members

They're top ratings when compared to other soaps. Truth be told you and the others would love to see ATWT reach a 2.4 but that will probably never happen. Why? Because people will always find a reason to complain. Some people complain for the sake of complaining when it comes to soaps. Last week was perfect in nearly all aspects. This week is shaping up to be the same. I'm sure the next few weeks will be excellent or near excellent quality. Yet the ratings will probably float around the same 2.1 that they've been floating around for years.

Oh but wait JP is still headwriter. Okay so lets say I buy that story which I do at times. Lets fire her NOW. I agree. Get rid of her and bring someone fresh and creative and nice. However I have serious doubts about whether the ratings would go up. Because this new writer might have a NEW vision for the show and I'm sure people will say, "Oh I hate his new vision. Its not ATWT" Then another few years of bashing the writing and the storylines until that person is fired....

The cycle repeats itself again.

Archived