Days:Monday

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay show.

It's nice to see Billie and Kate again. Even nicer to see Lucas isn't already allowing Kate back into his good graces. Finally, some consistency! It's good to hear that Billie's having some success.

And may I just add a WTF. Nick is suddenly reintegrated with the entire cast with one scenes and yet Chelsea and Stephanie continue to play Saved by the Bell part Vomit-Inducing. I've said it once, and I'll say it again. It feels like this group is being written by an entirely different staff.

I see exactly what Marlena was doing with her "offer". It was a test, I tihnk, and Sami passed with flying colors. That seems to be how Deidre played it, with her smile after Sami explained her reasoning for turning Marlena down. Loved it.

It's nice that they devoted some airtime to the rape after it being swept under the rug for so long. A refrence to Kellam Chandler would have been nice, but oh well. I also would have appreciated Billie bringing up Curtis instead of Chelsea in regards to blood not really be relevant.

• Members

Deidre & Ali were awesome today. Marlena offering to switch the test didn't play out as badly as I was expecting. You could tell it was her protective instincts kicking and she acknowledged almost straight away that it was a bad idea. The rest of the dialogue was spot on. I've been waiting months for a mother/daughter convo about the rape and it didn't disappoint.

Lucas/Billie was also good stuff. His doubts are totally understandable and I'm pleased the writers are giving this much focus to his POV.

Nice to see Julie and Lauren again.

• Members

Julie Pinson and Bryan Dattilo have the brother/sister chemistry that matches Mary Beth Evans and Peter Reckell. They're wondeful in scenes together and very believable as siblings. I love when we get a Billie and Lucas scene. And then you have Kate lurking in the background... Just give her some dick, Hogan! :rolleyes:

How funny was it when Nick walked into the pub and announce Kate in the background? The Robertses are such a disfunctional family and Hogan finally plays on that and writes the characters finally accepting that they are screwed up.

How wonderful were the Marlena and Sami scenes today? I got a sense of SSK Marlena today when she started talking about changing the paternity results. She looked so cold and sinister while talking about it. Bad Marlena is a nice change from happy, all the time Marlena.

Nick and Chelsea are too cute to be over. This coupe is far from over. They're the next supercouple. I'm telling you. Ugh, the scenes at Bo and Hope's house were wonderful until Chephanie came in. :angry:

• Members

This episode was so craptastic after the great stuff we got Thursday and Friday of last week. I wish there was a rule that there had to be at least one DiMera (including Lexie and Anna in this) appearing in every episode.

Some people have been rooting for Chelsea and Nick to finally get together for months and this is the payoff? An offscreen deflowering? When the show for some reason did show Billie and Nick have sex? WTF? Total crap.

It's also total BS that they have forgotten the bargain aspect of Sami sleeping with EJ and them presenting the rape as if EJ had a gun to her head saying she had to sleep with her or he would kill her when that was not how the scene was shown to viewers at all. EJ did have a gun and force her to help him get through the roadblock. But it was put away when she was begging him to help her save Lucas and he did not threaten her that anything bad would happen to her if she didn't sleep with him. He did not put a gun to her head and force her to sleep with him. It was him making the indecent proposal, her saying OK and unzipping her sweater. And that's all we saw. If they want to pretend now he had a gun to her head then they need to give some flashbacks of that scene that show that happening because it wasn't aired Dec. 29 that way. Oh and Lucas is being a turd with his pity party that Sami may be pregnant with another man's kids as a consequence of her doing what she thought she had to do to save his life.

Also, where does Sami get off saying that a man does not rape someone he loves with no perspective on the fact that she herself is a rapist of a man she claimed to love in Austin Reed? And at the same time, where does Billie get off passing judgment on this issue when she has raped a man she claimed to love in Bo Brady? The hypocrisy on this issue when it comes to women and men is maddening.

I did however enjoy seeing Kate again FINALLY.

• Members

Bo and Hope need to come home and realize their house has become the Love Shack. Stephanie's conversation with Chelsea was nauseating, and I hate it that she dissed Abby just because Abby isn't a slut.

Good to see Kate, except that she's thrown right back into the same old storyline. Scheming, blackmailing, meddling in her children's lives, yada yada yada. IMO, they need to give this wonderful actress something new and interesting to do or let her go. Glad Billie's back, but I can't believe she was so stupid as to tell Kate about the hairbrush caper. I wish Nick would stand up to Kate and call her bluff, but I'm sure he'll cave in and doctor Sami's test results. Here we go again!

Love that Sami is having twins. I also liked the scenes between Marlena and Sami; it's very rare that we get good mother/daughter scenes between these two. Definite foreshadowing with Sami's statement about hoping EJ gets hurt as bad as she was--something really bad's going to be happening to EJ!

• Members

I so agree! I was yelling at the TV when Sami said that. They have never dealt with Sami raping Austin or Billie raping Bo. Bo even defended Billie to Hope and made her seem ridiculous because she was angry with her husband's rapist. It's a complete double standard.

The way they are dealing with EJ and Sami is so weird. First, the rape was almost ignored and now they seem to be re-writing it. I don't know if this is in response to some of the outcry regarding the rape, that maybe now they are overcompensating, or what it is. Although I have always called the events of Dec. 29 rape, I have never believed it was a violent event (by that I mean he didn't hit her, hold her down or use a weapon--I realize the act of rape itself is a violent act) and was relieved that it was written that way, especially because of Sami's rape by Alan. I wish soaps would just quit using rape as a plot device, since they always make such a mess of it.

• Members

It was good to see that Billie has returned, and I loved her interaction with Lucas and Kate. I, too would have expected a Curtis mention when she was talking about not only biological/adoptive parents but also rape. And I was also glad that Billie, Lucas, Sami, and Marlena all independently brought up the fact that Sami was RAPED, and that that's why she's having who's-my-daddy twins.

On the negative side, it's amazing how fast DAYS fell from having a teen/college set that I loved to this nasty little bunch of pilots and stewardesses. Steve, Kayla, Mike, and Robin all need to explain to me how their children turned out so slimey, skeevy, and stupid. It make me miss Abby even more, but I'm afraid that if she comes back she'll go through a Stephanie-esque change. So maybe she can just stay in London. ;)

• Members

Sami has always been a hypocrite. I'm sick to death of her and every character saying EJ raped her as if she had no choice in the matter. Rape victims never do! EJ gave her a choice and she chose to sleep with him trading sex for Lucas's life. The choice was Sami's! And for a person who literally raped before not once, but TWICE, she needs to get off her moral high ground. UGH...

Deidre saved those scenes because if it weren't for her nuances, Marlena would have been a hypocritical Bitch offering to change the results. Still hate the fact that she offered because if Sami had accepted, she would have gone through with it which makes her dangerously close than being no better than Kate...

I wished I felt sorry for Nick but I don't. Hogan is stripping them of their rootability so it's hard to care. It's obvious she and Jett will sleep together and he'll rock her world.

• Members

EXACTLY. But congrats to you Rape is not Romance campaigners for getting the show to cave to you with this episode. Now can you finally take down your ugly banners and stop taking up the valuable time of real life rape counseling providers with your protest letters about a fictional soap opera couple?

Archived