THE VIEW: Rosie vs. Elisabeth Part XXX!

bellcurve

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABC has just announced that Rosie O'Donnell will not be back on "The View."

Brian Frons, President of ABC Daytime, issued the following statement:

"We had hoped that Rosie would be with us until the end of her contract three weeks from now, but Rosie has informed us that she would like an early leave. Therefore, we part ways, thank her for her tremendous contribution to 'The View' and wish her well."

Barbara Walters said: "I brought Rosie to the show. Rosie contributed to one of our most exciting and successful years at "The View." I am most appreciative. Our close and affectionate relationship will not change."

For her part, Rosie said: "I'm extremely grateful. It's been an amazing year and I love all three women."

• Members

they always do the "Previously Recorded" for the friday episodes, usually it is not with a black box behind it, it is usually in white unnoticable text.

As for the friday episode itself ... anyone else notice how incredibly drunk Rosie was towards the end!? LOL.

• Members

Just want to state that I'm seeing this for the first time and I'm totally siding with Rosie. I thought she did her best to remain mature and professional while Elizabeth sank to the level of a hyped up Stepford Bitch. IMO, it seemed obvious how Elizabeth seemed to be trying to goad Rosie into a full fledged throw down. I also don't think Elizabeth is nearly as dumb as she wants to portray herself. She's a cunning, coniving woman who will play the ditz card to get up close to you just to slit your throat. I'm in Rosie's corner all the way. I wished she would've slugged the bitch.

• Members

Totally agree, Matt.

Rosie asked a simple question; Elisabeth wouldn't answer it. It wasn't about Rosie clarifying what she said---she already made herself clear previously. Anyone with a brain would know, actually hearing what Rosie said in context, that she didn't say American troops were terrorists. I feel sorry for people who get their "news" from those ridiculous cable programs.

Rosie made the right decision in leaving early. You couldn't pay me a million dollars (well, maybe a million) to sit in that chair. That place is like a death chamber.

• Members

My problem is that Rosie dismissed Elisabeth all too easily... "you can say all the Republican crap you want for the next 3 weeks." I have some hardcore Republican friends, and for the life of me I don't understand their views since otherwise they're good people, but I would never say that to them. I would say I disagreed with them, but I would never insult them like that. It's ok for Rosie to say that to Elisabeth, but when Elisabeth refuses to speak for Rosie and clarify Rosie's remarks, Elisabeth is betraying Rosie?

Rosie is intolerant of anyone's views but her own... she used to be real when her talk show first started and I loved her, but now she is too stubborn to see anything but herself. Not to mention it hasn't been proven that there have been 650,000 casualties. No source has printed that number as anything but an extreme estimate. I would be inclined to believe it, but Elisabeth says she's all about facts, yet it's ok for Rosie to throw that unconfirmed number out there. This is such a pattern with Rosie.

I hate to take Elisabeth's side.... Hopefully she'll have a fight with Joy because then I can be on the right side of this ;-)

• Members

Bush has refused to give any numbers for Iraqi fatalities since late 2005, when he estimated that 30,000 Iraqis had been killed as a result of the invasion. The Pentagon doesn't track Iraqi civilian deaths, saying they consider the Iraqi Health Ministry as the best source of information---which gives an estimate of 150,000 Iraqi deaths from March 2003-Nov. 2006. They base their numbers on the bodies brought to morgues and hospitals. John Hopkins School of Public Health estimates 650,000 from March 2003-July 2006.

Rosie already made herself clear. She wasn’t asking Elisabeth to speak for her; she was asking why she didn’t answer the question when first presented with it---HER opinion. She wouldn't answer. All she had to say was YES or NO.

• Members

I love you MATT!! :)

Well said, Pine! I couldn't agree more.

ITA! Roise wasn't looking for Elisabeth to speak for her, she wanted the honest opinion of a supposed friend. It was a simple yes or no and EH just kept walking around the question.

Still what sickens me more is that this is what EVERYONE is talking about. It's become the latest 'it' story and continues to take our attention away from the REAL issues. Just because you dislike the admin, doesn't mean you blame or hate the troops. They are they doing a job, following orders. Speaking out about the government shouldn't give people a reason to question your patriotism or concern for the troops and their families.

• Members

Oh, please! It's not Bitsy's job to spell out what she does or doesn't think Rosie meant.

How can you and Matt side with that girl? I mean, she is BULLYING someone to side with her as if her word is the gospel, and she's dangling friendship as a bargaining chip. That is probably one of the most DISGUSTING things a human could EVER do to another human being.

Archived