THE VIEW: Rosie vs. Elisabeth Part XXX!

bellcurve

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with JER Soaps Fan... Elisabeth is someone who usually can express her ideas in a mature and polite way (today being the exception, but Rosie did push her to the limit.) Rosie is someone who goes out of her way to offend people and cross the line.

As much as I feel Elisabeth doesn't see the whole picture politics-wise, Rosie is constantly looking down her nose at the rest of America; only she can be right, only she can have a valid point.

"For three weeks you can say all the Republican crap you want." So so so so rude, Rosie.

• Members

juppiter, I forgot to comment on that last line in your post, the quote from Ro. That was SO UNBELIEVABLY crossing the line it wasn't even funny. Of course, had Bitsy said "you can say all the Democratic crap you want" most of the audience (which would seem like all of it) would gasp and and maybe even boo. She gets nearly NO love from the audience! It's crazy! And all the while Rosie is queen bee, no matter what venomous, hate-filled remark she makes.

Oh, by the way guys. I'm watching "Larry King Live" right now and did you know they've devoted, most if not ALL of tonight's show on this scandal?!!! That was fast!!!

• Members

So I know most of us can AGREE to DISAGREE, but I still stand by my girl Rosie. Love her, always will, and I hope she continues to speak her mind!!!!

They do the same kind of debating, 'yelling', 'fighting', whatever the heck you wanna call it on those news shows, but ya, Rosie does it and she's nothing but a loud mouth bitch, I'm so over this

At the very least, it's nice to see people actually TALKING about these things, instead of trying to cover up the truth.

1984 people, 1984!!!

• Members

Roise is out of line 9 x' 10, and Elisabeth would have a clue if it jumped up and bite her in the ass. I'm a Political Science major, I've studied this [!@#$%^&*], from both sides ( get my BA in exactly a week :D, and I'm neither a Republican or Democrat, nor am I completely Liberal or Conservative,but please DO NOT call me a moderate, cause I ain't) and I have to stay to both of them: Shut the f*ck up. I can't take it anymore. IMO, they're both to polarized to have any objectivity in the matter. Roise is to Liberal. Bitzy to Conservative. They're clouded with their party politics, par for the course. I'm so tired of all the here and now being talked about. What about what lead to this? Does this fit with other instances in history? etc. There's just party babble, blech.

They both are smart women, and they both hold vey strong convictions. I applaud them for that. But this gets so old. Elisabeth has her views (as naive and blinding as they are) and Roise has her views (as liberal, twisted, hater as they are). WE KNOW THAT. It's time for someone who is somewhate removed for the poles to tell them what for. Niether is wrong, neither is right, but both are their parties b*tches.

• Members

Kylie,

What a great post, even if we don't agree 100% on this. It's nice and PROGRESSIVE to talk about it.

Still, I can't help but think that it's REALLY, REALLY sad, and says a WHOLE LOT about our country and current society that stuff like this continues to make headline news in today's day and age. Sure, entertainment, but c'mon, It's literally been on every news program. From local affiliates to all the cable networks. Seriously, there are thousands ,if not more, of things that should be covered before and more than something like this. I've seen these cable news networks hold hour long debates, with so called professionals, on just this topic today!! Give me a break. Like either of them, Ro/Liz, or not, forget Paris, forget who's getting married, forget who is in rehab, forget the rest of them, WAKE UP and realize that there are more important things to cover. Leave this to those trash rag shows like Extra, Inside Edition and such.

It's one thing for us here to talk about, get it out, vent, whatever, but when it's shoved down our throats likes it the freakin' second coming, GAWD, we are really in more trouble than we thought. :unsure:

• Members

^ eh, I've been involved in and been in classes where more heated debates then that happen. LOL The difference for me, is that they are so damn polarized. Niether of them comes at these issues anywhere near obejectively. I'm all for subjectivity, all for it. It's one of my favorite parts of our legal system and our what have you. But they start yelling when all they know is party lines. You can know facts, you can se and resite facts, info, data, history, etc. from both sides. That's one of the few things I've enjoyed about my major, being taught to come at politics from the left, center, right, and everything inbetween and beyond. IMO, it's sad that these two made the news for this crap. They're not talking about the issues, they're debating party ideology. That is going to get us nowhere.

• Members

Very well said!!! What a great major, we need more peeps like you B)

It's what makes this whole particular situation worse, the producers/directors at the View were simply 'splitting the screen' and not breaking for commercial because of the personal/friend aspect of the whole thing. I don't feel that they had any intention in wanting to display a progressive debate. They're just lookin' for the green....$

ETA: As much as I love Rosie, even if I don't agree with her on everything, I just don't think this is the place for her, and I'm happy that she's getting out. She'll be better off, and so will all those who don't want to see her. She'd do better on a Bill Maher type show...cable or something, where she can have a specific audience, at the very least.

• Members

I definitely think it's all about the drama and the debate. I guarntee had their been a third person involved who put them both in their place, who told them both to take their heads out of their parites asses and see the big picture, it would have been just another day in the life of the The View. They played this for sooooooooo much more then it was. I just watched it, and saw two politicans, one a Conservative Republican and the other a Liberal Democract duking it out. Saying the same old, tired partyline. I spent a full year of study in classes were each one did Iraq sections. But each class came at it from a different POV. The history. The politics already in play there. The U.S. relations with that country and that region from the dawn of the country, etc. Not just from the here and the now. When you paint a bigger picture then we often get, you start to see corners, edges that stand out, lines the blur, and parts that become more clear. Studying the make up of politics the way I have for so long, has really turned me cold on parties, and all things that come with them. There's sooooo much more to things then what each side tells you, and it's time for our government to stop being such chicken shits, and let us see all the details, and make up our own dam minds.

• Members

LAWD I love you, LOL

It shall be interesting to see how Babs trys to spin this tomorrow, she's a whole nother topic all together for me, not much there, IMO.

It's true though, Rosie really should have just kept out of it and let Liz and Joy talk. That's not always easy though.

Not to mention, next week, heck, a couple of days, it'll all be something else anyway, all over the news, to try and keep the masses confused and occupied.

Orwell, Orwell, can you hear us? :lol:

Keep up the great work Kylie, seriously, more people who are willing to look at ALL the sides is what this WORLD really needs. If not, we'll never get anywhere.

PEACE!! :)

Archived