ATWT: Friday Discussion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to be able to say I'd miss Meg...but nowadays, fuggedaboutit. As far as I'm concerned Katie and Meg are life size Barbie and Skipper dolls. Off with their heads!!!

Watching Carly sing Prick's praises is just godawful. We all know how loathe Carly is to admit she's wrong about anything...so maybe we'll find out it's the truth, huh? It seems hinky that Simon would be able to pull this off in just a "few days", since Carly's returned.

Speaking of vomiting, someone on MD came up with the best name...IPI-Kack. Now that's funny!! :)

• Members

You'll note that I already apologized if I was assuming incorrectly. But yah based on the posts afterwards I'm pretty much sure I'm right so thats besides the point.

And no Simon is NOT God BUT he is a good man and I'd pick him over Jack or any of the other guys on ATWT anyday of the week and not just because hes hot. So yeah I do think hes among the greatest. I honestly could care less about your hatred of the fact that Carly isn't kissing Jack's but and saying, "Oh I regret everything Simon Frasier". Maybe because she doesn't? Where in the show's rulebook does it say that its absolutely necessary for Carly to turn her back on Simon in order for people to like her or for CarJack to fully come back? Maybe because she and Simon actually had true love? Thats what I believe and I think others believe that as well. They might not be on the internet posting every day but they are out there so I know I'm not some psycho lone fan of the couple. It just amuses me how badly you want her to turn her back on a man who has never turned his back on her. Lol it will NEVER happen.

As for me I like 90% of all the characters on ATWT. I might have my Top 10 but that doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that I only watch it to see Gwen/Will, etc. Lucinda, Luke, Craig, Emma, Vienna, Parker, Faith, JJ, nuAlison, Dusty, and Emily are ALL some of my faves. Believe it or not I also enjoy Bob, Kim, Margo, and Tom too. I really don't know how much more clearer I can state that.

Meg and Simon is puke worthy....Meg and Paul is where is at! As for the puking emoticon (interesting word) for ATWT you're entitled to ur opinion. I just asked what you found boring about the show and like I said earlier it was the Jatie stuff, Carly not hating Simon, and probably Gwen/Will/Cleo. Maybe even Brad. But w/e its a question.

• Members

Actually, it's been Maura/Kelly/Martha for the past 2 times. :) Barbara had Carly, Emily, and Rose all taken to the infamous spa to facilitate the women's maternity leaves. Katie was either pining over Eddie or Simon at the time if I remember correctly. Terri Colombino was not pregnant until late 2005, I think. That's when Katie left town to "think things over" when she was facing the aftermath of the psychoPilar incident.

And most recently, the same three women found themselves pregnant around the same time. While Martha was on maternity leave, Maura announced she was pregnant. And when Maura was on maternity leave, Kelly announced she was pregnant.

And I highly doubt that Terri is pregnant. We always hear something about an actress's pregnancy before they start hiding them behind doors and plants, shooting them from the face up, and hiding their bumps behind big purses and oversized trenchcoats. :lol:

Knowing the woman that Vienna is, I'd have to speculate that she'll most probably return the crown jewels to Prince Adolfo, hand out some of her "goodies" to him ;) , and he'll wipe the slate clean with all of Oakdale and drop any impending charges. :P

Haven't you heard?! Brad is Oakdale's own version of "Dr. Phil". :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even show Luke/Maddie graduating. <_< Gwen graduated last year, so I doubt they show it. <<LOL!!

How is Henry a "drunkard"? He occasionally sips a martini or two when he's feeling down in the dumps or on Cloud 9, but that's no reason to call him a "drunkard". And as far as being there for his sister, whenever TIIC actually do put Henry/Maddie in the same scene together, he's almost always helping her out..either physically helping her or giving her an open ear, a soft shoulder, and tons of brotherly advice.

Paul Leyden is overrated. A good actor, but overrated. Not to mention the fact that he comes and goes every few months. It seems like after his original contract ended, he'd only come back for a few months, then decide he wanted to do other things, decide he wanted to return to ATWT, decided to try other things, and so on..... ATWT needs a dedicated actor who won't stay on the fence so much.

I felt bad for Cleo, too. There's times when I hate the character, but then there's days like today where I think the writers put extra emphasis into trying to make us feel what Cleo feels. And Will was being a conceited little prick today, but I wouldn't go as overboard as you did, calling him a murderer. It's a character for cryin' out loud!

As for your comment to Soapsuds, it's amazing to me how not even one person said something derrogatory about your views and/or opinions and you spontaneously feel the need to berate a fellow poster for their own opinion. That's low, that's uncalled for, that's rude, and that's sooo unnecessary.

• Members

Okay, Dusty....step away from that avatar....and no one will get hurt!!! :) Seriously...I'm stealing that baby! What a smokin' pic of Carjack, eh? I'm even hoping SOD had the onions to send the home suscribers a Carjack cover, instead of the stock DOOL cover this week. *crosses fingers*

Ironic, isn't that, that some people just want to be heard, but go out of their way to belittle other's opinions?

Now, for my real question...does anyone remember? Is Tom a D.A. or not currently? I know a Blonde that's in some legal trouble....LOL. The stuff with Casey went in one ear and out the other...if Tom was defending him, he's a defense attorney, then, right?

Oh...and I still hope Teri's pregnant. That jacket she was wearing looked a little strained to me. And I had no clue KMH was expecting this last time before they announced it. However, being in an overcoat for months (even in winter) should have been a clue.

• Members

I am a subscriber and I got the Carjack cover :)

----------------

Loved Henry and Vienna. Brad scored points for trying to make Henry realize his feelings

Want Cleo off my screen. Really not liking this character

• Members

She left in May 2004 to give birth.

He isn't doing much of anything these days. You'd think Lucinda would hire him to look for some kind of crazy loophole in the papers Lily signed.

It'd be funny if he became addicted to a soap opera. :P

• Members

SWEET!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me know!!! Of course, now I won't get it til next Saturday. :) That always happens when I really, really can't wait for the issue.

Someone said Tommy was listening to TPIR before Katie came a-callin'. That's funny...but really, who can resist Bob Barker? :)

• Members

Yeah. That avatar is pretty cool. LOL! Or should I say "hot!"..LOL!

If you listen carefully, you can hear TPIR theme playing when Tom opens the door and then he even tells her what he's watching.

Thanks for the correction, WTGH. ;)

As far as Tom...he's a prosecutor. I remember way back when..he and Jessica faced off. He was prosecution. She was defense. And no, he's not D.A. anymore.

• Members

I think it was later that year that she actually left. Her daughter was born July 8, 2004. She left after that dreadful Pilar story and returned on screen I think in January of 2005 after seeing a picture of Mike as the Street Jeans Model in a magazine. I know she had a long leave and there was some question if she would even return since her contract was up while she was on leave.

• Members

I'm pretty sure Teri returned on-screen in November '04, that short week of Thanksgiving. I had nothing to be thankful for....LOL. Besides Katie was in full schemer mode, marrying Henry around Valentine's of '05. Mike and Jen married in May, and he and Katie slept together before Jen gave birth to Johnny in early July.

Archived