May 7-11, 2007

Toups

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, GL went from 1.8 on Monday to 2.3 on Tuesday? Wow! :o Good for them! Too bad they couldn't keep that..

Like I thought.. DAYS lost too much of its audience and not even a Sami wedding could bring them back... DAYS will have to sattisfy with being little above 2.0 (if that)... I don't think they will be able to get back to #3...

Wow, YR was the only soap to drop... scary... when does Bob Baker leave TPIR? I wonder if that will affect YR..

Too bad GH had the worst rating on Friday when we had great cliffhangers of Sam and Carly learning two big truths! :)

• Members

Thanks LSkreet!

Pretty lackluster May sweeps... I'm glad Days got a bump, but given all the Lumi Wedding hype, it's a shame it was not higher. Maybe fans are looking for something else. Hopefully, this week the bump will be maintained but I wonder if the neverending Island saga will do that. I do love Chick so that might help.

• Members

well at least DAYS did not have any ratings below 2.0 so I guess that is a good start

Like someone else said Y&R has really been good and surprised they are not getting a 4.3 but at the same time DRu did bring in the black viewrs. ANd the plot gimmicks are on the rise. Now the plane crash I mean come LML. These short term plot gimmicks will in the end ruin the show. Hell Look at Days. LML better research who is watching her show. Y&R has or did have a large black foloowing and CK's Lily is just not getting it.

• Members

I think AMC's ratings would really rise if TPTB would announce Kay Alden as the new headwriter. The longer we go without one, the more worried I'm getting that Frons is looking for the next Dena Higley (please don't let it be that bitch who nearly destroyed GL, Ellen Weston).

• Members

Y&R was flying high in February sweeps and now it is in the doldrums for May sweeps. This May sweeps doesn't have the suspense and intrigue that was present when the reliquary and Carmen's murder were wrapped up in February so perhaps that is the main reason.

I'm surprised that Days didn't do better. I enjoyed Lucas and Sami's wedding week.

• Members

I don't know, I think having actual good stories would affect the ratings more.

I'd rather they wait and let Alden study the show as much as she can. I have a feeling that she might take over as HW. There was a prohibition event last night, and AMC actors were there, and it was kind of hinted that there might be a new HW before long. It was said the transition has gone pretty well. That they're trying to clean up as much of McTavish's messes as they can.

• Members

DAYS fans are tired. That is basically the reason the ratings didn't jump. They are tired of being promised one thing and being given another. Maybe they didn't want to see Sami's wedding go all wrong AGAIN—even though it worked out well, history has told us that Lucas dumps Sami.

A rise? It will happen after at least two months of consistent, good storytelling. It won't just happen. The great week last week was enough to at least not make the show lose more viewers, which is the best that can be hoped for at this stage in the game.

Keep it up, DAYS. Act like you want to stay on the air, godammit.

• Members

Glad to see AMC rise - and hold steady throughout the week, with a 2.6 ending out the week! Looks like the Ryannie wedding and Greenlee's return was successful. Have to see if next week things hold steady and people are still tuning in.

AMC has gotten so much better and I hope the ratings continue to reflect that fact.

• Members

I think Days will be lucky do get a 2.2 with the return of the DiMera's. If the show is able to be very good over a long time, they will probably win back some more viewers, but I don't think they will be back in the 2.5/2.6 range.

I really hope the best for Days, because I really love the show again.

• Members

BAHHHHHH! I'm pissed! THAT'S IT!?!?!? This was DAYS' best week since December. Ughhh. WHATEVER.

In order to rise, yes, DAYS does need consistently good, solid storytelling. The only problem is...DAYS cannot do that!

Especially with Jet, Jeremy heading to Salem soon. Stephanie already here. Chelsick being on 24/7. I'm sure a new Abby is on the way. Ughhh. I do not think the Brady/Dimera Feud will be enough to compound this newbie crap!

• Members

Thanks for the info Lksreet

I like that the GL numbers are holding steady. Those are some seriously bad numbers for DOOL I watched the show a little bit and thought it was good.

2.9 for the birth of the golden one :D Guza must be happy.

Looks like the return of the blob known as Carly at ATWT did nothing for the ratings, sucks to be her

Archived