May 7-11, 2007

Toups

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soaps need to build a story, and where this one was building, it's hard to jump more than .1 or .2, and that 2.0 was an increase. Viewers aren't just switching channels to another soap. Frustration is building to where even the spikes are less. Word has to get out -- and if a viewer isn't picking up a soap magazine or anywhere near a promo, they aren't going to know if Sami and Lucas tie the knot. And if Sami has changed similar to Todd on OLTL has, they might just not care anymore.

• Members

Soaps need to build a story, and where this one was building, it's hard to jump more than .1 or .2, and that 2.0 was an increase. Viewers aren't just switching channels to another soap. Frustration is building to where even the spikes are less. Word has to get out -- and if a viewer isn't picking up a soap magazine or anywhere near a promo, they aren't going to know if Sami and Lucas tie the knot. And if Sami has changed similar to Todd on OLTL has, they might just not care anymore.

• Members

But you can't expect ONE good week to bring back all the fans that tuned out months ago. It takes a short time to piss fans off and make them not want to watch, but you'll NEVER get back all the fans you loose, which is what is happening to DAYS. And this week, IMO is following suit with the way the show was before last week. I mean, seriously, why have Shawn and Belle been on that stupid island all this time? I'm sorry, but the stories just aren't attention grabbing for me and I know a lot of others feel the same way, hence the dramatic drop in the ratings.

• Members

ATWT

Monday 2.3

Tuesday 2.6

Wednesday 2.3

Thursday 2.4

Friday 2.0

*teeheee* Kack's Friday date is the lowest eppy of the week....*whistles* *KER-POW* Listen up JPiss!!!! Kack is bombing!

• Members

ATWT

Monday 2.3

Tuesday 2.6....Craig/Lucinda were on. :) Glad to see them up to a 2.6 here.

Wednesday 2.3

Thursday 2.4...Carly's return to ATWT.

Friday 2.0.....I liked the episode..had Craig and Lucinda but had boring Katie/Jack date....puke!!

• Members

Why is GL above DAYS when their 5-day average is 2.00 and DAYS is 2.04?? Are the raters deliberately boosting GL? Or keeping DAYS down with these miscalculations? It feels as though all of daytime is slipping away.

• Members

LoL, I mentioned seeing Rudolpho Meradi lurking at the bottom of the forums the other day in "The Cocktail Lounge."

Didn't he adopt that name for himself around the time that he and Hope were on the Empress Express?

Archived