May 7-11, 2007

Toups

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No EJ and the ratings go up. It has happened more than once now. Perhaps Days should pay attention. As handsome and talented as James Scott is, he can't carry the show. And as promising as the character of EJ was at first, his replusiveness is now causing many, many viewers to turn off the tv. Now that the real Dimeras are returning the show needs to do something about getting rid of the phony one.

• Members

Yeah but the early part of the week was the cabin fire so it was her trying to kill EJ.

What boggles my mind is Days promoted this as the wedding that would happen this time. They showed people in the promos that Sami actually got married. I guess people were just sick of seeing LUMI as they have been two of the charactera featured prominently the past few months. I don't know. I think Days will see much better in the summer but I don't know anymore.

I think ratings for both primetime and daytime need to be overhauled. Numbers for both are down acros the board. Even shows like AI and GA are dropping (it may be early daylight savings time or it just being a busy time of year with college and finals and all that but it may not be either). I think more people are taping, DVRing, etc then watching live and that is why numbers are down for almost everyone. I think networks have to evaluate what they consider a good rating in this day and age because they may be skewing too high given all the factors. Plus, there are just so many choices and shows now. I think more has to be taken into consideration in regards to ratings in general then is currently being considered.

• Members

When was the last time we'd actually been given a decent payoff?

The writers of Days have caused the fans to distrust them so much over the years that even when something good happens, people have lost interest too much and don't care to watch something that they think going to slap them in the face once again.

It's understandable, IMO.

• Members

Exactly. At this point, fans still don't trust the writers. The only way they're going to come back and stay is by being shown that they can trust the writers through impactful, entertaining storylines for the characters that they want to see. That trust doesn't just come back in a week's time... it takes TIME. Only then will the ratings start to slowly climb back up, but even then, not every single lost viewer is going to come back. Days will never be where it once was in ratings, ever again.

• Members

I thought DAYS ratings would have gone up more too becasue of the wedding, but I know people who didn't watch last week because they thought this was gonna be a typical Sami Brady wedding with her getting left at the alter.

• Members

Oh I'm not blaming Carly. I love the character and a part of me WAS hoping that ATWT would get up a lot due to her return. I guess I'm just tired of all this screaming for more Carly, Lucinda, Craig and yet even when they're on the ratings aren't increasing.

Again I ask what happened on Tuesday of last week? I'm having trouble remembering the details.

• Members

Which is weird considering there was a ton of promotion saying she was going to get married. I thought Days was smart doing that and showing this time she would get a happy ending but I guess even that wasn't enough.

I know it will take awhile to get fans back but this was a big event and heavily promoted. It was a payoff for a character and couple with a wide fanbase and it only got a .1 increase. It should've gotten a .2 or .3 at least. The show does need consistent storytelling and all but last week was just that and should've been rewarded, regardless of how many fans are still pissed.

• Members

I think that the LUMI fanbase is only wide on the internet. Most people I talk to who watch the show and don't post on the message boards feel the same way I do -- they were best as friends. Their romantic chemistry seems forced, as do their 'romantic' kisses, and they have an incestuous brother/sister vibe to them.

• Members

From my perspective it was an ugly and hateful payback. The wedding without EJ and Kate was beautiful, but who or rather what LUMI fan wants to see Sami pregnant and not know who the daddy is "ON HER WEDDING DAY" and not only that but the hateful part is having to endure the hateful face of EJ and hateful face of Kate. I averted watching those ugly parts and tried to concentrate on the good things such as Sami and Lucas being open and honest and CARING that their relationship was on a good foundation. Having EJ, the dubious pregnancy and Kate being especially horrid were not interesting, but just hateful and ugly. After all these years of Lucas and Sami getting to this point only to have it ruined as a plot device is deplorable in my opinion.

I'm happy about the Philip/Belle/Shawn on-the-run story ending and haven't seen anything to be especially turned off about. It just has to run it's course and is getting more interesting to me anyway.

Chelsea and Nick are holding their own really well. If SOD would have them listed for favorite couple (didn't last time I looked) they could well win it.

Knowing that Willow is soon gone makes the days she shows up a bit more tolerable.

I'm disappointed that there was only a .1 increase in ratings though. I'm firmly convinced it is EJ's fault via the writers.

• Members

Last August, there was a VIDEO INTERVIEW with Hogan Sheffer on SoapNet's website. In that video interview, he said that he thinks it's "despicable" for a new writer to come in and fill the canvas with new characters and families and then he promised that he wouldn't be doing any of that.

So then he introduces Willow. Newbie #1. After that, along comes Nick Fallon. Newbie #2. I like Nick, but a newbie is a newbie. After that comes Jed, the brother of Willow. Newbie #3, and the start of building a new family... which is something that Hogan specifically promised against! After that came Gabby and Duck, newbies #4 and #5, and also the start of ANOTHER new family. In a couple of days, we're going to be introduced to Jett and Jeremy, newbies #6 and #7. Have I forgotten anyone? Oh yes! Nu-Stephanie, who might have the same name as the original, but she's an entirely different character. Newbie #8.

Along with that came the backburnering of fan favorites -- Bo, Hope, John and Marlena. The same two or three stories were told day in and day out over the course of several months. There's no story variety! The same schlock is on every single day because that's all they've been writing. The same two/three stories, day in and day out. That gets OLD.

Newbies, foundations set for new families... both things that Hogan promised he wouldn't do, and both are things that he lied about. John/Marlena/Bo/Hope backburnered... we were promised that wouldn't happen, and it did. Not bringing back characters from 15 years ago? Um, hello Adrienne! And she's not the only one returning who will prove that statement to be a lie, either. Either Hogan lied, or Corday FORCED him to do all of these things, which I wouldn't be surprised about, LoL. Either way, it just goes to show that fans can't trust the talent at Days. They constantly promise one thing, and deliver another. People are fed up, tired, they've lost interest and now the ratings are at their lowest point ever.

Congrats, Days!

Archived