"Medium" Renewed ...

KMan101

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not of a fan of the show, but it does still perform decently..so its a good idea that NBC is keeping it...I also heard a rumor that NBC might keep Crossing Jordan, i hope that isn't true..NBC really needs to retire that show..and I'd say end one of the Law and Order shows thats on the bubble....It was fresh development like Heroes that breathed life into NBC this year, hopefully the same can happen next year..

• Members

I would definittely be a smart move considering Heroes has so far not helped any other series which was placed after it...

...and "Medium" has better rating than most of NBC's other shows and is the same genre.

On the other, in its 4th season you can't groom a series a hit. So NBC ought to find new successfull series overall.

I still hope Crossing Jourdan is also renewed - I like that series a lot as well, although it's tiresome that between seasons often all recurring characters are ditched and replaced by new ones...

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Likely, the ratings are really bad this year. And CBS - who also produces MEDIUM - only wanted the show to have a longer run so they could easier sell it into syndication.

Or maybe this is just behind the scenes drama. Glenn Gordon Caron show are always drama central - with him playing a heavy part in apparently.

• Members

I think the adult cast of Medium is pretty strong -- Jake Weber and Patricia Arquette are one of the most believable couples on TV in years. I thought the boss did a great job with stories like going blind, and the sidekick cop character - I suck with names, clearly - was believable and a throwback to the days before cop shows became quite as plastic. The kids are annoying and I think they got too much airtime over the years. I think some of the episodes were very good and genuinely disturbing, like the one where she kept imagining her teenage son dying (it was actually the baby she had miscarried early in her relationship with her husband). Really I think the show ran its course (the last one actually had Mr. Bill, ugh) and I just hope they can wrap it up properly.

• Members

I have three of the five seasons on DVD. It's very Film Noir meets television. And the humor and comedic timing were awesome.

Bruce and Cybil have incredible chemistry with each other and I have such a huge crush on Bruce, especially 80's Bruce that was beefy, non-roided, and hairy.

Archived