April 23-27, 2007

Toups

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank goodness! No negatives; no more drops! No new all-time lows!

Very happy to see DAYS finally stop the bleeding. I hope their success continues into this week and beyond.

I don't care about GH, but I'm glad to see at least one more soap reaching closer to a 3.0.

• Members

First, congrats to DAYS. It´s still bad, but DAYS realy doesn´t need good numbers for sweeps anymore, because NBC already canned the show, so hopefully this big summer story will prove succesfull for fall, Corday manages to sold the show elsewhere and we will finally say NBC goodbay. I´m pretty sure DAYS would have much better numbers if it was aired on a different network. No viewer interested in a daytime drama, who is not a fan yet, is watching NBC during the day so DAYS has zero chance to get any new fans, it can only rely on those already existing. I think that´s the main reason why those last few months has been so devastating. That, plus Sheffer´s obsession with S/K.

Btw, I know many people here hate Frons, but he really knows how to get good numbers when it is needed. Just last week GH was at 2.5, but as soon as sweeps starts the show is again almost at 3´s. Amazing.

• Members

I am hoping that Carly's return in a few weeks will get us back up to a 2.5 or more, but I am starting to get worried that she won't even be enough, but if the show could get back on track, and with Carly back and Noah coming soon, I hope we get back up to a 2.7 in June sometime, but like I said I am starting to have my doubts if it can happen or not though.

• Members
You can't use that as an argument... Cleo/Gwen were also on Monday and Tuesday and got 2.3s. But you could use the argument that the 2.2 days were the only days that Katie & Brad were on last week...

For the past few months many were complaining that it was turning into "As Craig's World Turns", and now that's he's featured a little less (definately not on the backburner though) now you're still complaining?? Hmmm....

• Members

I'm happy for DAYS too but they still need to bring up it's ratings if they want to make it attractive to another network.

But the news on 4/24 that Passions is getting picked up by DirecTV might have had a positive impact for DAYS

Afterall, if Passions can be picked up with it's consistantly low ratings DAYS should be able to find a home, hopefully before 2009.

I tend to enjoy GH fairly consistantly. As for Frons, overall ABC has a solid daytime line up.

• Members

As for Craig I do like the new one a whole lot better than Meek who I was starting to approve of. I kinda feel bad for Meek still. He had HUGE shoes to fill. I mean its tough enough going against Hunt Block (who I absolutely adored in the role of Craig until TPTB destroyed him significantly with the baby switch storyline) but then add in Scott Bryce and he never had a chance. Plus he looked way to old for the role and just gave off way too much of negative vibe. I do feel you though on the whole "Craig" issue. I don't mind if hes on the frontburner but I hate what I'm starting to percieve is a double standard in regards to "air time". If CarJack was on 24/7 I hardly think people would complain. But because its Will and Jen and they're "young folk" its a problem. Frankly watching it day to day I don't see the constant air time that JL is supposedly stealing. I'm really starting to like the Cleo/Gwen storyline and I can't wait to see what direction it goes in next.

• Members

YES!!! THANK GOD!!! B)

I know it's a 2.1 but to be back over 2.0 and to see better dailies feels so good. They deserved it last week. and figured it may a 2.1. Now I am worried about this week because we only had Hope Monday and Wednesday-Friday is nothing special. Maybe Monday and Tuesday's dailies will be so good they will help keep it up. I would love for it to stay at 2.1 or even at 2.0 because the wedding week they are sure to rise. They just need to get through this week. Tha dailies for the start of sweeps did go up and that is a great sign.

Congrats to all the soaps. It's good to see some pluses for a change.

• Members

I think Days would never have had a 1.9 last week if not for the preemptions. It probably still would've squeezed out a 2.0 last week but the preemptions held it down IMO. Whatever the case, I pray they stay the same or go up from now on. That 2.5 mark is where they have to shoot for. Once there, they go after 2.8-3.0, which will be hard to get it seems.

• Members

Nice to see Days raise..I'm hoping the reveal with Celeste and EJ on monday gives them a nice rating..I'm hoping they stay steady next week..Then Sami's wedding can bring in a few ratings points..I want them around a 2.4/2.5 by the end of sweeps...Hopefully they can do it..

Archived