Days:Thaao posted (casting news)

• Members

Precisely. They must be utilized well. Just tossing them on the screen for the sake of having them on the screen won't accomplish anything.

And as I said before, I don't like the idea of all these returns being short-term. I want stability, not a constant revolving door.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do we know these returns are just short-term? Joe's the only that's actually been said to have a contract. We don't know if Thaao got a contract or not. It's been rumored that the deal Leann signed onto is a six month contract with the decision to extend depending on where they are in six months. Anything is possible.

• Members

To me, only giving them short-term contracts could be their way of saying "this might be a mistake, so we're going to give ourselves a quick out." That doesn't exactly reek of confidence, so they must not be too certain that their upcoming stories will be a big hit. The show can't afford any other mistakes. They need to make strong decisions -- good ones -- and stick with them. Enough wishy-washy!

• Members

I'm all for tony, anna, and stefano sticking around long term...But i would rather get six solid months out of them with a great story, than have them keep them after the story and not utilize them properly...I just want them back and the screen, we can worry about how long they are on when we cross that bridge..

• Members

I completely agree with you, and feel as strong as you do because DAYS has exhibited this behavior in the past and it has blown up in their faces REPEATEDLY. I am not really concerned about the 6 month contract thing or exactly how long it is revealed they are going to be on for, but having the influx of the DiMeras without a proper storyline for them, one that is invigorating, respects history and involves the entire VETERAN cast, is going to turn out to be just as bad as the many returns that failed (mostly because of non-story telling) recently.

I'm hyped about Mascolo's return but after so long there are certain things that must accompany it. His first scene should be related someway to Marlena, even John. Maybe Stefano awakens from his illness before John and we see Stefano stand in front of John. Writing is going to make (or break) this DiMera SL and obviously I am hoping for the former.

• Members
  • Members

Renee is a Dimera im sure there is a way to bring her back oh and Megan....in fact im with Corday when he says he's not bringing anyone back who HAS been on in the last 15 years...lol hell lets bring back Addie and Liz and someone else....oh whats there names...lol

Archived