Rosie...GONE...FINALLY

Kwing42

• Members

I agree they should add Megan Mullally and Sherri Shepherd, although both are comedians so they might need someone with more of a journalistic background (IMO).

Sad to see Rosie go actually, but she's supposedly going to be doing ABC specials and will be making sporadic guest host appearances on The View after her contract expires.

The reason she left is because she really wants her own talk show again, and odds are she'll have one by Fall 2008 (rumors through the grapevine)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For a second, I forgot who Sherri Sheppard was. I had to look her up and I remember her. I want her on The View! I've always said that whenever she would guest co-host. I was like, why haven't they given this woman a contract?

Megan Mullally? I don't know. Three comedians on the same show. That may not be good. One of the journalist/achorwomen that they bring on as guest co-host should get the job.

And I think Joy has earned her right to be moderator. Switch those damn chairs!

• Members

I would even settle for Patrica Heaton, she is not your typical comedian which I don't think Megan is either! You know the casting shocker of the season would be if Barbara and ABC could get Joan Lunden back on daytime TV!! I would die!!!

• Members

This is great news for DAYS fans. The sudden success of The View with Rosie (who took a dying show and moved it up to 3rd in the key demogrpahic) is what kept ABC from considering DAYS for their daytime lineup. With Rosie gone, The View will likely plunge back to the depths it had sunken before Rosie rescued it. DAYS will look like a great replacement for it by next year at this time.

• Members

I just don't get what ABC is thinking here. Rosie has been a hit for this show, she's given it it's strongest ratings ever, and she's made the show topical again with mainstream audiences. I can't believe they'd argue with her over years instead of just renewing her year after year when she's doing more to give ABC Daytime ratings dollars than anything AMC, OLTL or GH are.

I like Sherri Shephard.

But what's really needed is someone who can argue politics like Rosie can, especially going into another election. And it needs to be someone who is not a republican so there is balance with Elisabeth (Joy only makes random political outbursts some times).

one person I think would be good, and was really, the only guest cohost I saw that was able to bring something worthwhile and intelligent was Rose McGowan, but I know she'd never do it. I biggest fear is out of panic, thinking they need another name to replace Rosie, they'll give Kathy Lee Gifford a call.

• Members

I still do not know if Brian Frons would committ to bringing DAYS over to ABC...I sort of resend my Patricia Heaton suggestion, I done some reading, little crazy!! LOL!! I could see Kathie Lee Gifford though...they do call her when they're in a bind...and her children are older so I would see her considering it...I just don't know!!

I say call Joan Lunden first and foremost and see what she would say. And I stand firm in giving the moderator chair to Joy! She deserves it and I think a lot of View fans would stay to watch Joy rangle the bitches!!!

Archived