Rosie...GONE...FINALLY

Kwing42

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love for Roseanne Barr to be Rosie's replacement. I would make sure to watch/tape The View every day!

I can't see Gayle King getting it because she has no real personality. Really. She's just there, makes dumb comments, but has no real opinion.

• Members

From Perez:

Though the official reason that ABC gave in terms of Rosie O'Donnell's departure from The View was that they couldn't come to terms as to a time agreement - they wanted her to resign for three years, she wants one - the departing co-host revealed in this video blog on her website yesterday that the real reason for her split was financial.

She's never one to censor herself. We love it!

O'Donnell wanted a one-year contract for $10 million. ABC wanted to sign her for three years at a price of $6 million.

That's a HUGE discrepancy!

Says Rosie in her post, "I know it seems unbearably greedy to people, but considering what they made this year....That's what happened and they said no. I feel like if you make a big offer like that, it's kind of like poker. If you're gonna raise to ten million and they're gonna see you're ten million, you're gonna have to show up."

And there you have it folks!

O'Donnell also reveals in her Monday video blog that if she could pick someone to replace her it would be Whoopi Goldberg.

Inneresting choice.

• Members

Well, with Gayle at least they would be losing a Rosie, not a lesbian. But I actually LIKE the Roseanne idea. Losing a Rosie, but GAINING a Rosie! And one that many would find palatable. Or at least interesting, buzz-worthy, entertaining. The ads for the Rosie/Rosie switch practically write their damn SELVES!!!

• Members

Hey, don't diss my woman! :)

I think Roseanne gets the same type of reaction from people that Rosie does... either you love her or despise her. Roseanne and Rosie have the same outspoken political views, so it'd be a great continuation of liberal vs. conservative wars (i.e. Rosie/Joy vs. Elizabitch)

Archived