ATWT: New Opening Debuts on April 30th

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't understand why the actors look so weird in the opening. They're all making weird head movements... looking to one side, then looking straight forward, then looking the other way. It's almost as if they're robots! LoL

• Members

The short version's music is much better than the long version. It is the graphics that tick me off. It is a perfect example of what is wrong with the show. Most of the charactrs who are featured in the front have been with the show for a shorter time than the people behind them. Ie: Van Hansis is behind newAllison, Kelly Hensley is behind Grayson McCouch, Maura West is behind Mike Park, Terri Colombino is behind Trent Dawson and Marie Wilson is beind Austin Peck. The "vet" are behind the newbies... not cool.

Also, this fields of gold thing sucks. The Globe is the main symbol of ATWT. How hard is it to make an opening revolved around that.

• Members

I like that they're not doing those cheesy smiles anymore. Everyone looks great and they look dramatic like they should on a soap. Well... I love love love it!

Some people seem to want the globe more involved. Personally I don't wanna watch a globe turning, I want to see the characters. It's enough at the end with the logo. Let's face it, it could be worse like with DAYS. All we see there is the hourglass spinning... 6bnxw1y.gif Yeah yeah, I know it's a classic. But still... I wouldn't mind seeing a few faces there maybe with the hourglass in the background or something.

• Members

But that is the MAIN thing that's wrong with alot of soap operas and their opening credits...thinking someone's face identifies the show. Its not a bad thing that character's faces are in the opening titles, but the show isn't about just one person. Whenever I watch the opening credits of a show I've never seen before, it should clearly identify what the show is about or what it should be about.

If I'm seeing fields of gold on the screen, windmills and all, that doesn't describe what AS THE WORLD TURNS means to its legion of fans or the audience. It's not THAT hard to put a spinning globe in one or two places. I've said it before...I like the new credits. I just don't think they decribe to the audience WHAT AS THE WORLD TURNS means to them.

I could say that with Y&R and B&B because their shows are based and built on glamour.

DAYS doesn't need faces in their opening credits. They have a hard enough time with everything else on that show. Not to mention I would hate to be stuck with years and years of of what ATWT's main problem was: obviously mixed film and taped shots of the cast members. Corday just wouldn't want to keep updating the pictures and such.

• Members

I will agree about Peck and nuAli getting such prominent pictures. But the difference in time with Mike and Maura is about six months total, and Trent's been on the show almost as long as Teri...he was just on recurring. I actually LIKE that TIIC are finally giving Trent a LITTLE of the respect he deserves. He's a two-time emmy nominee for goodness' sake.

I kind of expect that there's a couple of other versions and not everyone in the background in one version will be in the background in another.

• Members

My dream version of the opening would be:

*an open shot of Nancy at home that dissolves in to

*Bob in a Memorial Hospital setting ,maybe with Susan that dissolves into

*Kim at WOAK maybe with Katie and Brad,Maddie,Luke and Jake but the main focus is Kim.That dissolves into

*Margo at the police station with Tom and Jack and Dallas,that dissolves into

*Worldwide with Lucinda,Lily, and Craig and finally

* the Lakeview with Barbara and Henry and others but features closeup shots of Lisa.

* then back to Nancy to end it.

It won't happen,but I can dream!

Archived