ATWT: New Opening Debuts on April 30th

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's good. Not great, but not bad at all. It'll take some getting used to. I don't think they're necessarily going for a cornfield theme as much as they are going for a Midwest theme. I saw some farms, barns, and windmills thrown in there too. Kinda like AMC's 1995-2002 opening, with the horses and the home exteriors, etc.

The character pairings work wonderfully for characters that you *know* will always be involved with one another. Bob and Kim? Check. Holden and Lily? Check. Tom and Margo, whenever they show up? Check. Jack and Carly? Check. Brad...and Meg? Alison and Luke? WTF?

I can look at an ATWT cast list right now and tell who should be paired:

1. Craig and Lucinda

2. Lily and Holden

3. Maddie and Henry

4. Katie and Brad

5. Margo and Tom

6. Lisa and Nancy

7. Jade and Luke

8. Bob and Kim

9. Paul and Meg

10. Gwen and Will

11. Dusty and Emily

12. Jack and Carly

13. Barbara and ???

14. Alison and ???

I put question marks by Barbara and Alison because I don't know who they could possibly be paired with. They could add Susan into the opening simply because she's a long-time vet, even though she's on recurring. I guess the same could be done with Emma, but then, who would she be paired with? And what about Barbara? Perhaps Emma with Meg, Paul with Barbara? Even though Paul and Barbara rarely have any scenes together now? All I know is that Alison is in Jade's place. There is NO reason why Jade shouldn't have been in that spot. Really, Luke should have been in the front with Jade in the back.

I like the beginning of the music a lot, the orchestral-sounding part. That would have been a perfect place to put the longer-running characters like Bob/Kim and Nancy/Lisa. I hope they put Nancy and Lisa together in the beginning tomorrow. Then the newer characters and the younger characters could be shown during the more synthisizer-driven part.

I like the logo a lot. I would have even liked it if they made the O in WORLD a regular O, but put the globe-frame thingy in the background, but much bigger. That would have been kickass.

And, forgive me, but I love the gold color scheme. ATWT should definitely be more black/blue/white, but I just love the gold!

Overall, it gets a 7 out of 10 from me.

ETA: Looking back, I don't think too many people have depressing looks on their faces. Emily's smling, so are Bob and Kim, to an extent (Kim is WAY too small, BTW). Alison probably takes the cake for the biggest smile. Katie has a seductive smile (of course. she's a ho). Meg smiles (but her hair looks like [!@#$%^&*]). I fuckin LOVE the look on Lucinda's face. She has the tough businesswoman look down pat!

• Members

I am glad you are liking it Clint but I am still not to crazy about it. There is no spinning globe. And the music is very akward. Like the music when Bob and Kim are shown. But at the beginning it sounds very western/[!@#$%^&*] stuff...lol...feels like I am watching Bonaza...LOL...a western show. Some of those graphics like the spinning wheel :blink: are not ATWT.

• Members

I can prove that it is a globe they are all in, because in the logo it is a golden Globe, and they are exiting the globe when the go to the final logo shot. The theme inside is somewhat like Oakdale might look like with the windmills and stuff with the farms, and the wind blowing, but they are in a globe,lol

• Members

I like that they've finally changed it, and I like the idea behind it. I mean I hate the overly flashy, seizure inducing graphics on GH, but this is just the total opposite. Characters are shown on screen for far too long and the shots are so badly edited, especially Austin Peck's and Martha Byrnes, and Grayson McCouch as well. The actors are shown looking down and you can almost here the director yelling "look up now."

I also hate the theme at the start, it has no melody, it's not until Bob and Kim appear that it really kicks in and that's the bit of the theme that I like. I dont understand the whole cornfield motif, ATWT is hardly a rural soap. I hate the way one character appears larger while another is half the size of them behind it, why not just do one person at a time or do it like GL's so they overlap instead?

I also hate the total lack of globe. That could replace those annoying farmyard fan weather vein things and the transitions could also be globe-related. You dont even see the globe until that quick little title shot.

Not the best new open of all the soaps over the last few years, but by no means the worst either.

• Members

Dude, you're analyzing it too much! :P

All that happens at the end is the logo flashes in front of the screen, two parts, both parts going in opposing directions. They whirl around to face the correct way, and then the logo falls into place.

Hate to dash your hopes and dreams, but there is no globe. LOL!

Archived