ATWT: New Opening Debuts on April 30th

• Members

The opening seems,,,well fine. It's not mind blowing, but just fine. The logo SUCKS. I hate that font. (GL wins in that department) It looks like what they would use for the the current promo sequence, not the opening for the show. The version I heard during the mid show bumper reminded me of the music they used during the 80s. The opening music needs tweaking.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my biggest problem is the pairings. i actually dont midn the new opening because it is way better. actually i like the concept of it. i kinda the farm theme in the back and all that. and i like the pairing of the couples thet belong together. but i dont think everyone needs to be paired. people like Katie that gets a new man all the time should be solo. People like Luke with no real romantic pairing should be alone, same with Alison, so i guess i can see why they paired them together.

i guess it can work as long they update it every few months, but we all know they wont.

• Members

I've watched it several times and let me just say this...

Standing alone, the music and the visuals are WAY better than the last one. Really like it.

With the history of AS THE WORLD TURNS, it just falls flat. This opening has absolutely nothing to do with the title or the premise of the show really. And adding old clips doesn't make it recapture its identity. The opening just doesn't fit this show.

So, as far as opening title sequences, it's really REALLY good. Make no mistake about that. It just doesn't have a damn thing to do with AS THE WORLD TURNS.

How I long for "Jelinda's Theme" and the changing seasons.

• Members

Multiple versions of the opening are expected to be aired.

We saw the "full" version of Opening A yesterday.

Today we saw the "short" version of Opening A.

There should be a "full" version of Opening B.

As well as a "short" version of Opening B.

And there may be a "C" opening which features the characters who don't appear in the short versions.

Archived