ATWT: New Opening Debuts on April 30th

• Members

I agree. The globe needs some work, but it's too similar to the one used a few years back. Although anything is better than the current opening at this point.

BTW, were these slasher short video clips posted on the ATWT official site? It looks really cool. I don't recall seeing these ever promoted.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were quite a few "after the show" commercial spots by the teen actors prompting viewers to check 'em out (if I remember correctly).

And as for you, altLogo haters, my screencap does NO justice to it. You have to SEE it. :P I actually think they could make the font different and the globe bigger, but that's about the closest I've seen to my "dream logo" ever!

• Members

Funny seeing those old shots that they were still using in the previous opening. LOL.

As for best opening...I have a soft spot in my heart for the twirling blue globe from the mid-80's or the Seasons opening from the '90's.

• Members

Yeah, it's amazing how the headshots go that far back. The twirling globe one was cool, too. I LOVED the music so much that I wish there was a special single out for it. That's how much I loved it. In fact, if ATWT kept that song and changed the visuals, that would have been perfect. However, next to that one, I loved the 2000-2002's theme music.

The 80's one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4aI_0lXJU6A&amp...ted&search=

1993-99' Opening:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tPG259otWtM&amp...ted&search=

• Members

the video globe opening was the best of the Goutman run on ATWT (and IMO the best of all the show's openings). As was the theme - it was grand and uplifting and fit perfectly with a show coming out of a very long slump, saying "look at me!" They shouldn't have replaced it with the gold/blue thing.

But I really don't get the bitching about the current ATWT logo. The globe is still right there. It's still turning. And it looks way better than the one posted in that slasher youtube video, and has roughly the same presence as the last opening -- which was horrible.

Archived