ATWT: New Opening Debuts on April 30th

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, since this has been rumored forever, I hope they got something of Maura before she left on maternity leave. Unless they're just using scene edits in the title.

It's a little different with the mid-show bumpers, that were shot as part of the CBS campaign. I guess Maura won't be part of that this year. :(

• Members

The past few years the CBS shoots have (I think, if someone remembers different, feel free to correct me) been shot in the middle of March on the West Coast. Maura was still on maternity leave then. I guess it doesn't mean they can't edit her in, but they never look the same when they do that.

• Members

I really like the current opening credits, it's a shame they couldn't just update them.

Anyway, I really don't want ATWT's new opening to be like GL's 2005-2007 opening. I really like that opening, but it wouldn't be appropriate for ATWT. I want something like what we have now, hopefully with a better globe though. I also don't want the "rock" type music that GL has, although again I really like it on that show. I want a theme song that's somewhat traditional, yet also hip... like what we have now, lol.

I really can't wait to see what it looks like....

• Members

It's about time! I know during the first time the aired the current opening MW was pregnant, but still on the show and so they used that photo. (It was clear she was heavier.) Later they replaced that shot with the current one. Since MW is such an important part of the show, I'm sure they'll work her in -- otherwise people may get the impression that she's gone. I hope they go with a hip theme. And, I know the globe will be there -- it is a part of TV history.

• Members

Didn't CBS, in the recent past, use a spinning globe with silver letters with the title of the show surrounding it? Many people on this board speculated that would be part of the new opening titles.

I would personally prefer they bring back Jelinda's Theme, although it may be pricey. It's so beautiful and classic. I would also prefer a title sequence with no glamour shots of the cast. It just comes off as cheap and cheesy and usually those types of title sequences don't tell us what the show is about(with the exception of shows like Y&R and B&B, which have always thrived on showcasing their actors in their opening credits). Even with a show like PASSIONS, that doesn't have its cast in the opening credits gets the point across...quirky, cheesy show that takes place in breathtaking New England. When I see PASSIONS opening title sequence, I get it.

I cringe everytime I see ATWT's current opening credits, because of how badly mismatched the shots are(as someone else mentioned in the thread).

Archived