DAYS: Corday Speaks to TV Guide

• Members

Great! Now we have finally an answer why the vets disappeared. I quess Corday´s been really saving their contract appearances for a big storyline where they will be on each day, probably building up the hype towards the end of year, so Corday has nice numbers to show when he starts to shop the show around. It actually makes sense.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is hard to believe though.

And what about all of these past few months being a set up for the future generation and all that jazz? Is this Corday admitting failure or maybe that was not the case at all. Maybe these are the people Hogan wanted to write for all along like many people were saying (after all, veterans Steve and Kayla can't be considered the future alone amonst all the young-uns/newbies).

It doesn't seem like his plan was to hold the vets off so he can use them later (it hasn't happened yet). That would not explain the major loopholes in the stories Hogan has been writing (like writing a Brady wedding shower without any Bradys. Caroline could have been there...) Besides... Marlena is on 3 days in a row one week and not the next, she literally served no purpose during those 3 days. Why didn't they show her with Sami reacting to her being pregnant and what not? That's writing issues not contract ones b/c Marlena is actually on. And... Kate is a hefty contract and is on all the time why can't they switch her airtime with one of the others? Also if this was his plan it obviously failed miserably. DAYS has to rise from a 2.2 rather than a 2.5. It's a harder feat.

• Members

True... just what 3 weeks ago he said Bope would be on a lot with Chelsea's storyline and Hope was on for what 15 minutes total 2 episodes with the fire?

I'll be optimistic though! Hopefully this all happens soon. The summer is far away 2+ months, infact, and ratings can tumble or stay stagnant easily if what happens between now and then isn't any better.

• Members

I'm going to choose to believe this because DAYS really is up against the ropes. If Corday doesn't deliver, it's done. And it sounds so good that I really, really want to believe it!

And Doug and Julie back on the screen--YAY! They are my original super couple. My best and earliest memories of DAYS is of their star-crossed love story.

• Members

I've been waiting weeks for Corday or Hogan to address the 2009 cancellation talk..and finally he does...Also i'm also glad we are going to get the why the dimera's hate the brady's storyline...thats been a long time coming...

and major kudos to bringing doug and julie back...that is exactly what Days needs...familiar faces...Especially because we are getting a new stephanie, possibly a new abby, and we still have that 12 week contract role for the soapstar show....

• Members

FINALLY!

Ken Corday finally lets something out.

I'm glad he's going to try all he can to keep DAYS on the air. Loved the Soapnet mention. I wonder what DAYS will be like once it's off NBC.

And I'm not surprised one bit that the summer has Drake, Deidre and Kristian stories planned. We all knew it was going to happen. It happens every year. Either BOPE, or J&M are kept off screen, fans complain, and then BAM we're given them smacked in our faces everyday. That's why I was so shocked at the backlash that the show's been receiving these past couple of months. A DAYS fan knows this is nothing new.

I am surprised to see the mentino of Bill and Susan Hayes though. :) Doug and Julie are always a treat to see. I'm glad they're getting airtime.

And the Brady/DiMera feud is coming out this summer?!?! EEEEEEEE!!!! :D Please, please, please get Joseph Mascolo back for this! He has to be here.

Archived