DAYS: Corday Speaks to TV Guide

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is different. This is not his usual spin SOD article, it´s a little blurb in the TV guide. Even Reilly made some real announcements in the TV Guide, I quess EP and writers take it more serious than soap mags. Plus, it really makes a sense. He knows his chance to stay on NBC is zero and with the limited budget he has decided to save everything for one last shot, so the show looks promising when he starts to shop it around. Even the time when that fabulous story is supposed to start is unusual, again targeted more towards those potential buyers than NBC, which would be probably much happier if he started it now, or waited till fall, so the main impact is during sweeps.

• Members

Corday really has nothing to lose at this point. He has every reason to go for the jugular with these storylines if he wants DAYS to survive and we all know he will fight for that. So, probably against my better judgment....I believe this.

• Members

Unfortunately, Corday has not been a reliable source of information LOL. What a bummer for fans. I do hope he is telling us the truth about the DiMera/Brady story and that Drake will be at the helm of that. Frankly, I loved Doug and Julie in their early years but deplore them now. Julie drives me nuts and Doug is just a prop. I do like to see him with Hope and that's all. Julie trys to run everyones life and that is not entertaining to me. Corday has to do something to save the show or his share in it. That's business.

• Members

The fact is Doug and Julie are needed...Francis Reid is not going to be around much longer, and they don't have a Mickey...Personally, i don't want a Mickey recast..I would rather them get John Clarke to agree to come back for a couple shows a year...So the only Hortons they can use are Maggie, Doug, and Julie...

• Members

right now The View is currently doing well in the ratings (last I checked which was a while ago), and I don't think that is going to last. I started watching when Rosie came on again but lately she seems to come up with things just to make people mad (this past week it was the that the Gov. was in on 9/11 or something and that the British are in on having their own men taking hostage) and I think people will start tuning out if not and she gets her own show in syndication people will follow her there and ratings for The View will drop and ABC could consider picking up DAYS. For CBS they will probably end up with an open slot now that on The Price Is Right is losing Bob Barker. I don't think anyone will be able to fill his shoes (the latest replacement is rumor is George Hamilton) and ratings will drop leaving CBS to consider it as well. DAYS has those to options going for it on those networks.

• Members

I don't believe a thing that comes out of Corday's mouth. He could say that its raining tomorrow and I'd get out my suntan oil and go to the beach.

He needs his nepotism-al butt fired. Remember when he said the Alex North story was a John/Marlena love story??

• Members

Exactly. I will admit Corday is a liar but this isn't his usual spin. It's a small mention about what is happening and the fact that he mentioned shopping the show and an actual date to being that means he knows he has to pull out all the stops. They have to go for the jugular. Now I have no idea what the hell happened to the balance the past 2-3 months. It makes no sense now but whatever. This is good news IMO and it gives us hope for the show to be better and to get picked up. I have been saying all along May and beyond would be better and I still think it will be. It's always been like Days to do that. That is when they see their best numbers most of the time. They can pick up the young demos as well during that time.

I am just glad he said something finally!! I did not expect top see Doug and Julie back in the fold but that is a very good sign. The fact that he mentioned those two helps me buy that this isn't BS.

This is just what we needed though. This is the best news to come out about Days in a long time so let's take it and savor it.

I should also say to that I just recieved my new SOW and there is an interview with John Aniston in it. There was a few interestings things. He said he is happy with returning to Victor's dark side and comments that he hasn't been in Salem lately but says that is part of the transition the show is currently working through under Hogan. He says it's for the better. The big thing to me was he mentioned they asked him to go from recurring to contract and he turned it down and says he is happy with how things are. I just thought this was interesting to mention. I was wondering if maybe they asked him to go contract in 2001 when he was on alot but then I remember in an interview a few years ago he said he was never asked so he must have been asked recently, which makes me wodner if Victor will be prominent soon as well. I hope that is the case.

• Members

I really think that's what he's doing. It's smart marketing and a good way to get things rolling when other networks will be taking a look at the show and when more people are home during the day to actually watch it. I really hope this all pays off!

• Members

Exactly. I have been saying that all along. We still don't know why the hell they screwed with the balance but it is clear now there is going to be a big push beginning with the LUMI wedding in May. He is going to go for the jugular to try to attract fans during the summer when he can get the young demos and so on. I hate that the show has fallen so hard and if he did plan this all along it's stupid and incredibly risky and annoying but whatever. Let's just move on and make this stuff happen.

The only reason I beleive him this time is this is the last chance. He mentioned that deadline and then the returning vets, Doug and Julie, etc so I am thinking he is going to go all out full force and I hope it works. I agree that Days switching time slots on SN seems to be almost like an experiment but we'll see. Let's just all cross our fingers.

I do want something from Hogan though. We heard Corday and he had to be the one to do this because it's about the state and future of the show but now I want Hogan to talk. I want sweeps previews (and still would like to know why Days didn't issue any in Feb) and I want summer previews. If those come from Corday to, then something is up with him and Hogan. If we don't get any at all, I will be pissed.

I also want to know when we will get the traditional "PLAN TO SAVE DAYS" SOD cover. We all know it's coming :lol:

Archived