The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Members

Thank you SFK and Addie. I actually glad that I have dreams of her because like you said, it's good to have time with them.

Addie, luckily my gma lived next to us so I got to see a lot. In my dreams, I feel bad about not visiting her. I'm so sorry about your moms Addie. Do you have memories of your Mom?

SFK I have the same issue. I need to spill and vent but Im afraid someone may find out!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I'd don't remember my biological mum except for a few things. I remember her dying because it was in an accident and it was very sudden, so that is what stands out in my mind the most. My stepmother was sick for a long time and I was usually the primary caregiver. I wonder if I should have fight harder to get her go to the doctor or if there's something I could have done to make her more comfortable during the end. We used to fight a lot so I do have a lot of guilt about how I should have probably not always been such an ungrateful brat for much of my younger days. I can see down as an adult that it wasn't the easiest situation to come into.

It does make me sad to see people who hate having to go visit their parents for holidays or talk to the parents cause I'd give up almost anything to even spend an hour with my mum or stepmum again.

• Members

I had the most hyper date last Sunday, this dude seemed so tame when we conversed online and agreed to go out with him, because he seemed all right, but the actual date was something else. He talked almost non-stop, pinched my cheek (yes, he really did that) and kept using innuendo, then pretending like he was joking. I'm new to dating (although I'm almost 28), so I've got plenty of trial and error to go through, but that was some error.

• Members

I understand what you mean so much. My grandmother was like my second mother to me. She babied me, but at the same time would tell me when I was being a little ass. I miss her so much. I agree, i'd do anything to cuddle with my grandma again and smell her perfume. Theres an empty whole in my life now and it scares me because I do not know how I am going to go on.

My mother was my gmas primary caregiver too. She took her to all the apointments, including radiation everyday. However, we did get help from hired nurses. Hospice didnt come into until about a week before she died. I know the stress you must of had being the primary caregiver, i saw it through my mom.

Im so sorry what youve gone through :(

• Members

I always read this thread and just big gulp all the tea, but I've finally decided to tell you about my crazy ass roommate. A little backstory, we met 4 years ago at a hotel we both work at. Since then we've done a total of 4 jobs together. 3 hotels and we both appeared as extras on Dallas together. We began living together a little over two years ago. For the first two years I knew her things went fine. We went on trips together, I got along well with her twin (who strangely enough seemed afraid of her) and we worked well together. I should've known things would go downhill when I found her out her previous roommates lied about selling their house to trick her into moving out.

For most of the first year things went fine and we were the perfect roommates. Bills were paid and we got along very well. There came a time when I was purchasing a new car and after a full day of negotiations SHE broke and said she would co-sign for me. From that point forward the car salesman wouldn't do the deal without her. After being there all day I went with it despite my better judgement and that ended up being one of the key moments in the demise of our friendship. I'll revisit that later. Our first big blow up came during my birthday trip in July of 2012. I paid for us to go see Fiona Apple in Kansas City and then I was meeting up with another friend on Austin to see Frank Ocean. I believe we even stopped in Dallas to visit Southfork on this trip. You'd think everything was fine until one fateful day I couldn't sleep due to a cold she gave me and I ate breakfast without her. Our argument was so huge that we didn't speak for the rest of the trip, nor did we speak for almost 4 months after that. At this time everybody told me I needed to move when our lease was up, but a couple months before that she started being nice and I thought it would just be easier to stick with her. Big mistake.

I re-signed with her and we had a similar cycle of things going mostly well and then she would blow up over the tiniest of things. I started to notice she is VERY possessive and that she cannot keep friends and tries to prevent that from me. She would complain if I'd go out without her, but when she came she was rude and dismissive of my friends always finding a moral reason not to want to be around them. She'd end up embarrassing me so I would stop taking her. We'd often to to dinner and movies by ourselves because she didn't seem to like when I had other people around. As a result people would often mistake us for a couple (I'm gay as hell btw) which she LOVES. She'd use my nephew and say he was our son and crazy [!@#$%^&*] like that. Well somewhere during our second year we had ANOTHER blow up. Don't even ask me what about because they were always for such stupid reasons. The difference now is that she'd always run around at work telling people what a bum I am and how much she helps me and how I'm ungrateful. Of course this goes back to the car she co-signed, but the way she makes it sound is as if she pays for the car. Bitch doesn't pay any of my bills, but that is what she'd like people to believe. And with a 23% interest rate it's not like she's helping by being on the car note. During our second year we had many fights and highs and lows. Even a major fight over a bag of hot cheetos I forgot to bring her.

Over the second year things got so bad that I began to wonder if the bitch is crazy, but she always recovered at just the right moment to rope me back in. I would ask her about her obsession with me and she swears she doesn't like me like that and would never date a gay man. Still, she wants to present herself as my girlfriend and check my laptop and my cell phone as if we were a couple. Another thing, at all 4 of our jobs she was either fired or had issues based on her personality. She cannot get along with people to save her life, but its always somebody elses fault. If you talked to her you'd believe it too! She comes off very innocent and this act works on people, until they get hip and fall out with her. Well despite a couple of big fights I went into a third lease with her, this time with a new roommate. We moved in February to our new place and she has gone absolutely bonkers.

In the build up to moving she'd also been taking these diet pills that many people noticed affected her mood. One day at work (in front of everybody) she went berserk screaming and cursing at me about how she has to do everything for the apartment and when I tried to defend myself she just went nuts. She kept saying that I was going to steal the weak ass $50 Visa gift card from our Apartment Locator because I was upset that I didn't get as much money as she did on my tax return. Keep in mind I make 3 times as much as she does, so that is kinda crazy. Not only that, but the same week I'd taken her to dinner and PAID for her 3 times. If I was that hard up for $50, would I do that?Not only that, but I've never been late on a bill nor has she ever seen me penny pinch or steal from anybody. She started threatening to take my car from me and break the lease and started texting my close friends and family to tell them what a jerk I am and all the plans she had for breaking our lease, etc. Despite wanting to curse her out I didn't because I know that is what she wanted to play the victim. My not saying anything seemed to make her go crazier than the previous times when I cursed her out. In the end I moved into the apartment with the new roommate and she stayed at our old apartment for the 3 week overlap of leases. I ended up having to pay movers to move both of our stuff and also people to clean the apartment. She only did her bedroom and made no attempts to help at all. Still, she genuinely believes I did very little when it comes to moving. At this point she started being nice again so I went with her delusions and made no attempts to defend myself for the sake of our new roommate. I decided I'm not truly going to be her friend again, but until I can get her name off my car and save up some money, I didn't want to rock the boat. I wouldn't go out with her or spend money on her, but I'd be nice to her and tell her things that would suggest we're still old buddies, but in reality I wasn't telling her anything important.

Prior to these latest blow ups she asked to use my Amazon Seller's account to sell a camera her brother gave her. She ended up selling it for $600, but didn't put "no returns" and the person she sold it to wanted his money back. He sent the camera back to us and she decided to just sell it at a pawn show (where she got $300 more) and say she never received it. When he filed a claim with Amazon I told her that they were going to process a refund so she immediately deleted her banking info off the account. Then I noticed Amazon charged my card $600 for the camera refund. I disputed it with my bank who gave me the money back, but last week once they closed the investigation, the bank charged me again for the $600. I explained this to her and she said "Oh well, you have two jobs so you'll make it back soon enough." She said it was my fault for putting my credit card on Amazon (I had recently opened a new bank account). How could I predict she would steal a camera and cost me $600? I explained to her that I wasn't going to pay the rent (which is around $385 for me) to account for the money taken from my account for a camera SHE stole. Well now she went more ballistic than I've ever seen her. To my face she was soft spoken because it's hard to defend yourself when you're clearly in the wrong. But now I find out that behind my back she's been dogging me out to our new roommate (who is my friend and whom she has always hated keep in mind) and he is telling me how believable her story is. He KNOWS she stole the camera, she's talked about it in front of us, yet he still believes all her [!@#$%^&*] talk even knowing how she is. Since then I've shut myself off from both of them and pretty much stay in my room as I prepare for my next steps (getting the car out of her name being one).

It bothers me that this girl is clearly nuts in some way, yet people still coddle her. The new roommate says he does it because he wants to keep the peace. Her dad does it because she's his only child that speaks to her. Her one or two friends do it because they don't know any better. I'm just so over this situation. Of course I'm the fool who keeps renewing my lease with her so I have to take responsibility for that. But trust and believe I will be getting out of there soon enough and give this bitch the cursing out of her life. Even though she still owes me over $200 for the camera situation, I'm going to take the loss as a lesson learned and pay the rest of this months bills. Like always she is going to try and get back in my good graces, but this time I am done with her. The previous times she would never apologize, but would slowly start to be nice and try to make an effort, but I'm not accepting that any more. Now that she's affecting my bank account I just can't deal with that.

Sorry for rambling, but I had to get this out! This is the condensed version too lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived