Halloween

Roman

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. Halloween I was good because it was psychological horror, not some "flash-in-the-pan" gore-fest. He better not screw this up.

But, I must say, that mask looks scary as hell. Looks about ten times better than some of the previous masks in the series.

• Members

NewMichael1.jpg

And remember, Tyler is about 6'5. With the mask finally going back to what it looked like in the original, plus the overalls looking lived in, he could be the most terrifying Shape since Nick Castle.

• Members

Yeah, some of the stuff Zombie's said about it had me rolling my eyes. He wants to make the whole movie about Loomis and Zombie with Laurie Strode as someone who doesn't enter until the 3rd act. I always liked how poor Laurie was the focus of the film. Only hardcore Rob Zombie followers wanna see a psychopathic little boy killing animals for an hour...

• Members

Well, I think he wants to explore the psyche of a young Michael Meyers more than the film did. He's not remaking it word for word act by act. He's putting a new angle on it. I'm going to go in with an open mind. I love the look of Michael so ...

• Members

Having more of the focus on Loomis and Michael and putting Laurie in the background may hurt Rob. What was nice about the original (before the soap-opera twist in II where they made Laurie Michael's long-lost sister) was that Michael was just a guy who escaped from the nut farm and decided to go back home and kill people. He had no motive at the time other than he was wacko. It was very simple, and pretty realistic if you ask me.

The sequels have gotten so convoluted, I think a better approach is just to get back to basics with this remake. Don't focus so much on the psychological mumbo-jumbo and what made him a murderer. People can get bored by that and the film could seriously drag. We know he ain't all there.

• Members

I think it's a great idea to focus on what made Michael tick. Should that be the whole movie? No. But I think it will be a nice backstory. I've always wanted that for Friday the 13th.

I think people are reading way too much into his plans for the movie. He knows what's at stake. He knows how huge this movie is to people. The backlash would be huge if he messes this up. I've had my reservations about him but I'm starting to really look forward to this.

I do understand why some people just want a slasher flick ... and no I don't want 2 hours of psychological mumbo jumbo, but I think establishing Michael's back story, REAL back story is crucial.

Archived