Michael Easton (John McBain)

Trevor St. John (Todd Manning)

Galen Gering (Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald)

Outstanding Lead Actress Nominations:

Maura West (Carly Tenney; ATWT) - WINNER

Crystal Chappell (Olivia Spencer; GL)

Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne; GL)

Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Abbott; Y&R)

Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor; Y&R)

Pre-Nominations

Bobbie Eakes (Krystal Chandler)

Alicia Minshew (Kendall Hart)

Martha Byrne (Lily Snyder)

Susan Flannery (Stephanie Forrester)

Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan)

Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady)

Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady)

Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis)

Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos)

Kassie DePaiva (Blair Manning)

Bree Williamson (Jessica Buchanan)

Lindsay Hartley (Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald)

Juliet Mills (Tabitha Lenox)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim Zimmer will win because of an excellent theory that I posted awhile back from another soap.

Here's hoping Peter and Maura take it.

My Rankings:

Maura West (Carly Tenney; ATWT)

Crystal Chappell (Olivia Spencer; GL

Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Abbott; Y&R)

Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne; GL)

Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor; Y&R)

My Rankings:

Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott; Y&R)

Michael Park (Jack Snyder; ATWT)

Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin; Y&R)

Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer; GH)

Ricky Paull Goldin (Gus Aituro; GL)

• Members

Both categories have pathetic choices…

The should be a rule that LEAD actors/actresses have at least 100 episodes a year. This isn’t too much considering each show has about 255 episodes a year…

Royally pissed that neither Susa Flannery nor Nancy Lee Grahn made the list still Michelle Stafford who did nothing ally year and Jeanne Cooper who’s always good but was merely supporting show up there.

Shocked to learn Chrystall Chappel und Christina LeBlanc were apparently lead as well - and I totally missed it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Peter Bergman who deserves another Emmy. He was spectacular last year. Don't care for lead actress since the real contenders are missing...

• Members

Christian and Michelle.

I don't think that La Zimmer can repeat, the cancer storyline was awful. JC CC or MW don't have the material.

I won't even go into how many talented actresses got the shaft by not being nominated.

• Members

If Kim Zimmer submits the episode where she was talking to Tom Pelphrey about committing suicide or the party episodes and her sitting in the car afterward - she stands a very good chance. Both episodes were very subdued and layered performances and none of the over the top stuff that she can sometimes fall into. Both were very powerful performances.

As to people not submitting their names, I totally agree that if a person didn't have that much to do then they shouldn't submit their name. But in a year that they were still at the top of their game and were still on a lot and were good then they have just as much right to compete as anyone else.

As a fan I would rather know that my favorite got a nomination based on all the people competing and not just maybe got a nomination based on the fact that someone who deserved it pulled their name out.

And if I was a performer I would feel the same way. I would want to know that I was competing with everyone who deserved to be in the competition.

I do feel that Jeanne Cooper should have put herself in Supporting this year. She deserved a nomination there but not in lead.

As far as some others on the ballot this year, I blame it on the shows for submitting some of them and for the Emmys not having a place for some of them. Genie deserved a nomination but where were they going to put her since the daytime part did away with the Guest award. This year it was greatly needed.

• Members

Well there are other leading ladies on OLTL, like Kassie DePavia, Robin Strasser and yes last year Bree Williamson but on B&B there are no other leading ladies, Susan and Katherine are it and yet again Katherine was overlooked.

Susan Flannery had POWER HOUSE performances last December with Betty White and such...so that is what is shocking to me!!

• Members

Colleen Zink Pinter during "Jennifer's death" outdid the work of Flannery's 'Emmy Bait' story. I'm tired of her being placed on a pedastal because she's Susan frickin' Flannery. DEAR LAWD the only one who deserved that honor was Beverlee McKinsey, who was all natural.

IMO Betty White and Alley Mills were far better than Flannery, who just yelled, and made some strange acting choices. I don't know what the hell Susan was thinking there. You don't always have to overshadow your co-stars.

Archived