Outstanding Lead Actor/Actress

Toups

• Members

I would love for either Kim, Crystal or Maura to win!! I think though either Maura or Kim will take it and I will cheer for both of them!!!

I hate how everyone is dogging on Kim...did she say she wouldn't submit yes...but face it! She was the leading lady on Guiding Light last year. Gina didn't step up to the lead actress category like Crystal did...so it was between Kim, Crystal and I'm almost sure Beth Ehlers and Beth didn't do that much. People would B&#@* if Ehlers was nominate for not having a story and stole NGL's Emmy nomination, much like you are doing with Jeanne Cooper (who was recognized by her peers as a Y&R leading lady, even though she didn't do much...but still had one tape) at least Kim Zimmer spun a good story...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is Kim Zimmer's reaction to her nomination:

Kim Zimmer (Reva, GL) called from L.A. "I was pleasantly surprised," she says. "The phone beeped at about 5:30 and it was my fan club president Shelli Miller texting me saying congratulations and honestly I had forgotten they were being announced today. And then two seconds later, my husband called from New York saying that a friend of ours had called from upstate because of course he wasn't watching so he called and said, 'I don't know who else has been nominated but I know you were so congratulations!' It's my eleventh nomination. I'm kind of appalled that it is 11 nominations to tell you the truth!"

She's appalled? Is that her sense of humor or is she serious?

• Members

Kim Zimmer (Reva, GL) called from L.A. "I was pleasantly surprised," she says. "The phone beeped at about 5:30 and it was my fan club president Shelli Miller texting me saying congratulations and honestly I had forgotten they were being announced today. And then two seconds later, my husband called from New York saying that a friend of ours had called from upstate because of course he wasn't watching so he called and said, 'I don't know who else has been nominated but I know you were so congratulations!' It's my eleventh nomination. I'm kind of appalled that it is 11 nominations to tell you the truth!"

• Members

• Members

It's just typical Kim. You never know what she is going to say. I just think that since last year she was considering not submitting anymore that she may find 11 a little strange or something. Kim is her biggest critic and I have always found her to be very humble when she looks at nominations and the such. She also loves her cast members - so she could basically be thinking about them that she has 11 and some of them don't. Who knows with Kim.

Just know Kim that this is one fan who feels you deserve it and there are many out there that do.

And as Josh said if Kim had not submitted there may be yet another less deserving actress that was in there. At least Kim did have a lead storyline and gave great performances and despite the critics they were at times very nuanced and very layered this year.

• Members

I can appreciate that KZ's remark related to her length of time in daytime. I mean, she's been almost continuously employed since what? 1980? And I was yipping about her re-signing/Jake's leaving the role of Luke drama. But the "one of the girls have to step up" comments aren't that disingenuous. It's hardly Beth Ehler's "fault" TIIC gave Harley nothing to do last year. TIIC made Stephanie Gatschet the "other" leading lady of GL...the actors were just too chicken to really put her in the category. I understand why, but let's not ignore the elephant in the room, KWIM?

I also read her "explaining" why she backed down from her vow not to submit herself for nomination. One was "I didn't expect to win." Hey, loving the honesty. The other was "I can't disrespect the writers by not submitting my work in this story." *eyeroll* Whatever.

Anyone else think the academy should look in to GL actors using those "Inside the Light" eppys? It doesn't seem fair a GL actor can have nearly 36 minutes of one episode to use, while others might only get 10. (If that...)

Anyway....I want Maura to kick everyone's ass. LOL...it was SO her year. And she's been screwed over for the last six years, at least. In one form or another.

• Members

I agree to a certain extent but I highly doubt they are using those because it is said many times that the shorter tapes are the ones that get people's attention. The actors who volunteer for these panels like the shorter tapes and will watch them quicker. So I highly doubt a longer tape would help them out.

• Members

I don't see a problem with the "Inside the Light" any body of work is acceptable...I agree with Steve though, the shorter tapes that are WAM! BAM! Delivered can be so much better than a long drawn out episode...

Plus I know that some of you are going to say, "She's said that crap before..."

BUT....

Kim Zimmer has said that she would not submit an "ITL" episode for Emmy consideration, so I am interested to see what show she did submit!!!

Plus it's really no more fair than GH sweeps events EVERY February, May and November!

• Members

Guiding Light's "Inside the Light" episodes are no more unfair or fair than General Hospital making special episodes designed to be submitted for an Emmy, or One Life to Live's special episode that got their 2002 Best Show win.

I am surprised to see Flannery and Grahn off the list, but it's sweet to me because it gives Zimmer another good chance to take home the gold. And she'd certainly deserve it.

I don't know who's gonna win Lead Actor, but I admit I hope it isn't Tony Geary. It'd be nice to see Ricky Paull Goldin win because I think he's a very underrated actor, but he was on the backburner for most of this past year.

• Members

I hope Maura wins since she has never won before while everyone else has. Though I would not be disappointed if Michelle wins if she wins with scenes that she did with PB. She was lead actress worthy in the scenes where Jack confronted her about Nick and the birth scenes. Phyllis was pleading with Jack to save her baby were totally emmy worthy.

Archived