• Members

Well, I usually just browse through the forums, but I simply had to comment about today's eppy. One word: *snoozeworthy* Yesterday seemed really intense, what with Kayla having to extract John's kidney, to today where there was no pick-up or aftermath from the kidney fiasco. I guess when I read the spoilers for that, it sounded better than what it was. It was actually pretty underwhelming, at least to me anyways. As for the rest of today's eppy, I only really liked Nick and Chelsea. These two are surprisingly really cute together. I could not get into anything else, mainly because I kept wondering where the hell is Marlena and what is EJ doing about this kidney...I dont know. Right now, it *indeed* seems like better execution of these story outlines is the issue IMHO. In any case, here's hoping tomorrow's eppy shows some improvement.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I agree that the episode continuation was horrible. I expected today's episode to pick up from yesterday's exciting episode. We didn't get to see Roman go to Kayla at the warehouse? That's just bad writing on Hogan and Meg's part.

• Members

Not picking up with the Steve/Kayla storyline isn't what bugged me.

Rehashing the same stuff with EJ/Sami bugged me and bored me.

Jed bored me.

If it weren't for some small movement on the Shelle, Chick, and Maby fronts I would've fell asleep. There just wasn't enough happening today. That was the problem.

• Members

I still don't see what's so great about Shelle. WTH aren't these two "together" together yet? Am I missing something here? Whatever the case, Beemer and Madison just don't have enough chemistry for me to root for them.

Abby annoys me. She reminds me of Kirsten Storm's Belle. She even sounds like her. :blink:

Nick & Chelsea's couple nickname is "Chick"?? :blink: I'm not digging that one at all. :lol:

If EJ/Sami were supposed to be boring today, then I wonder how good they are when they're not! :D

• Members

Belle is such a tease! I hate her for giving my boy a case of blue balls. :(

I was pleasantly surprised by Jed. After seeing the still, i just thought I'd hate him. But I don't. Decent actor, great hair. Abby, chemistry-wise, would do well with a guy with longer hair.

Again, Belle, what the hell did you expect? you ran away, with a MAN, and the daughter the two of you SHARE. Not only that, you plan to leave your family and friends and stay on the run with this man FOREVER.

Did you REALLY expect him to get a different idea?

WHAT a tease.

You should be fileted yourself! Again, how DARE you do this to Shawn, you miserable !@#$%^&*]!

Sami and EJ will be SO hot together when Sami finally comes to her senses and dumps LUser. :)

• Members

Don't worry, SpirtualJunkie. You're NOT the only EJami fan, along with Drew of course. I LOVE these two. Have ever since the beginning. Somehow, I hope Hogan can write these two crazy kids together. Maybe EJ can play the blackmail card all the way to getting Sami to marry him! :)

• Members

I think this was probably the most boring episode hogan has done during his current stint at Days...i hardly ever fastforward and i pretty much fastforwarded through everything but the first couple Mabby scenes, and all of nick and chelsea's stuff...Hogan everything is so underwhelming...i want the show to be must see tv again...Please step it up...

• Members

"The penny will drop and you will always LOSE."

Sure EJ said that to Bo but it can easily be said about the other characters of Salem.

Sami and EJ-

I love watching EJ in action but I have grown bored of his scenes with Sami. Are EJ and Sami like a cat and mouse game? Yes, but it's like watching a sadistic cat endlessly toying with his meal. The poor little thing is tired and desperate and way over her head. Enough is enough, this isn't entertaining this too disturbing to watch. EJ as the Lumi third wheel is BORING. I hope the kid belongs to Lucas so Hogan can shift EJ's story onto the other people of Salem. I much prefer to see EJ interacting with anyone else, Bo, Steve, Kayla, Kate, Billie, Victor, Phillip...

Lucas and Sami-

After waiting nearly 10 years for their couple Lumi fans can watch some sweet Lumi scenes building up to their wedding and wait for the inevitable truth to come out and ruin everything. WOW that was so worth the wait! <_<

Chelsea and Nick-

Sweet, cute and unexpectedly appealing this couple is DOOMED for heartbreak when (sorry this is not a spoiler section) but suffice to say we already know that Nick slept with her mother. I think that this SL would have played out better had we not known for certain who the mystery man was that slept with Billie until Chelsea finds out. So we all watch and wait for Chelsea's disappointment.

Max-Abby-Jed-

I know people that have been waiting for Mabby but before they even get of the ground or out of the garage, Jed enters the scene. ho-hum

Shawn and Belle-

I liked their scenes, even Shawn's befuddled, "What the hell?" when Belle pushed him away.

• Members

Sami and EJ-

I love watching EJ in action but I have grown bored of his scenes with Sami. Are EJ and Sami like a cat and mouse game? Yes, but it's like watching a sadistic cat endlessly toying with his meal. The poor little thing is tired and desperate and way over her head. Enough is enough, this isn't entertaining this too disturbing to watch. EJ as the Lumi third wheel is BORING. I hope the kid belongs to Lucas so Hogan can shift EJ's story onto the other people of Salem. I much prefer to see EJ interacting with anyone else, Bo, Steve, Kayla, Kate, Billie, Victor, Phillip

I agree Ilovemydays!

Hogan's writing is good, in fact excellent, but...he has not given us a hook-some big reveal. He has mistakenly given too much away ahead of time. We already know too much. And I do agree about the Sami/EJ scenes being repetitious. EJ has the most wonderful dialogue on the show but he can befuddle Sami in just a few sentences, it doesn't take two days.

I am really sorry that I cannot enjoy Chelsea and Nick more. They are so sweet and fresh, but we know what's coming. It's sad.

You know, if I had one wish for Days right now, it would be that there be at least one happy story going on. All the stories are angst-ridden and keep the viewer on edge. A balance would be so much more pleasing.

And please get EJ back in bed...with someone. He has been shamefully clothed for too long!!!

• Members

That's the one huge complaint I have with Sheffer. He sucks at giving us the emotional payoffs to the big moments. Bo and Hope make up after a year of estrangement and we never see it. Steve gets his memory back after 16 years and we never see Stephanie's reaction to meeting her "real" father. John gets shot after weeks of Marlena worrying he'll die and we never see her reaction to the news. Steve steals John's body and Kayla is forced to remove his kidney and again we get no Marlena reaction scenes.

Why did we not get a huge confrontation scene with Marlena and Kayla??

You can't just jump from one plot point to the next. You have to give the viewers the emotional followthrough. It's what keeps us invested!

Archived