• Members

:o No Days discussion thread for Wednesday yet??

This episode was kind of dull. The Sami and EJ conversation was never-ending and almost useless. I love how all the residents of Salem have all this time on their hands early in the morning. EJ sat there forever having breakfast and talking to Sami. I know in my world, I have about a half hour after I wake up, to get ready and get out of the house. :lol:

Shawn ate a berry that could possibly be poisonous, which made him throw up, yet now he feels fine, and goes to eat another berry ... OH PUHH-LEASEE! Being a risk taker is one thing, but with all his latest stunts, he's asking to die.

I have to agree with Shawn when he said all the signs were there and he thought Belle meant that they were going to be okay and it was okay to start getting closer. After saying all that, she did turn over to sleep, but, even I thought she did that because she was getting annoyed that he wasn't a making a move. So, I'm with Shawn on this ... it did appear that Belle was saying it was okay for him to make a move.

The Abby and Jed scenes were nice! I hate how Max blew off Abby just like that, though. Sure Mimi called him, but he didn't have to leave like that especially after telling Abby how he's getting annoyed by her. I'm not seeing the spark between Jed and Abby. Maybe it's too soon to tell, or I'm a devoted Mabby Fan.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah! I forgot about Nick and Chelsea. They did a great thing, although I doubt Dr. Reibert is out of their lives for good. I predict their next big challenge will be saving themselves from the Doctor who will be seeking revenge. We could be seeing another rape story.

Those two have to maintain more professionalism while at work or they're gonna get nothing done. :lol:

• Members

I'm beginning to think that the low ratings aren't necessarily attributed to the stories -- but the bad execution.

Picture it in your head. Steve steals John's comatose body from the hospital, and Kayla is forced to remove his kidney. That sounds like fiery stuff, in your head. The execution sucked, though. And I think a big problem with it was the terrible background music.

The writing isn't dull so much as the execution just lacks.

• Members

I am sick to death of seeing the same damn scene of Sami being tormented by Elvis. Today was just a rehash of their exchange in the cop shop on Jan 26th. Watching her open a can of whoop-ass on this slimeball would be entertaining. Watching her cave to her rapist's every demand? Not so much. This story has been dragging for too long. Lucas finding out can't come soon enough for me.

Still loving Nick/Chelsea. :)

• Members

Kenny, I've never noticed that that's a pic of Marlena from back in the "Posession" days. Freaky!

And, I have to agree with you on this. Theres so much potential that's just being distorted. Although I love fast-paced stories, I think John's kidnapping took place too quick. And, we still haven't seen Marlena. That right there, degraded the storyline greatly.

• Members

I agree, Kenny. Hogan is donig his job. The script writers are finally doing their job. The dialogue is fine for the first time in years. However, the directing/music doesn't go with what's being shown. I know that Corday uses his own techno crap that he loves so much, but some scenes need really powerful dramatic music. The scene were Kayla removed John's kidney needed that music, not music from Star Trek.

I've been waiting to see the fireball Sami since this story started. We know she has it in here. Unfortunately, I think EJ is too inside her head for her to fight back now. Had this been anyone else, they wouldn't be alive right now. EJ just gets to Sami like no one has before, not even Lucas. It's love. :)

• Members

Logically, what can Sami really do?

Her and EJ both have a lot to lose if the truth does come out. The police department will have someone to testify as EJ being John's killer, and EJ may be convicted. But, Sami on the other hand, will have made a great enemy of herself against the DiMera's, the truth will be revealed that the child sh's carrying may not be Lucas', hence she will likely lose Lucas, and all of Salem will despise her again.

Sami has more to lose than EJ, IMO. Theres very minimal she can do in her situation, besides plotting EJ's murder.

• Members

I'm going to say only positive things about today's show. Here goes....Sami looked really pretty in that pink shirt. Abby has gorgeous hair that must have magical properties because it stays clean and shiny even when she's sliding under cars in a dirty garage. And I got in a nice nap during today's show.

• Members

I don't disagree with you, JS. I can totally understand and sympathise with Sami's predicament. It's just not fun to watch and it's been going on long enough. The secret coming out carries risks but its ultimately the only way for her to gain the upperhand. Better for her to take the initiative and deal with the consequences than be stuck in this limbo that allows EJ to control her every move.

• Members

I agree, Ponz. But, to make this horrible dilemma less difficult, she should've told Lucas the truth immediately. I sitll don't understand why she didn't. Immediately afer EJ fled the country and Lucas was in the hospital, she should've told him everything. I think Lucas would've supported her and commended her for her honesty, and gone after EJ, while Sami would've been a valid witness to the shooting. For sure, the DiMera's would've gone after Sami for doing that, but how different is that from what she's facing now.

She made a horrible situation 1000x worse.

• Members

Well, I'm officially tuned out of Sami/Lucas/EJ, just too slimy for my tastes. Hate Sami when she is like this and since I'm a LUMI fan, just can't hate Sami LOL.

Tuned out the on-the-run stupidity.

Getting tired of the obvious too fast developing Chick story, too....but next week may make it more interesting again.

I think Max is a slimeball and hope he is soon written off on the racing circuit out of Salem for years. Abby doesn't belong under a car changing oil (which here in the south is done from an oil pit or elevated platform) and why is her long blonde hair streaming behind her but not dragging the oil soaked floor....ugh. She could at least put it under a bandana. So, needless to say, I'm delighted that she has a bright college co-ed to spend time with and have interesting conversation to listen to instead. I don't know if I'll like Jed though because we just met him. I think he's cute and love his voice. Of course he isn't a great actor. This is his first acting job. Strangely, I think he talks a lot like Willow...I mean the way he phrases and articulates. This is the new intriguing story to me.

I'm still interested in S&K even with EJ. Just think that after all the emotionally charged day yesterday and now he has John's kidney EJ should have been with Stefano overseeing the transplant and recovery than pestering Sami.

Archived