OLTL Discussion: Week of February 26th

• Members

Chris, you have never liked Nash. LOL.

I don't think it should come as any surprise that OLTL is propping Antonio. They've done that for four years and have diminished many a good character to do it.

I don't like Antonio anymore than Cris likes Nash and like Chris not liking Nash, I have never liked Antonio. The sudden sainthood of Assholio doesn't make me like him anymore.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. I laughed out loud at this, because your hatred of Antonio makes me smile!

This week has been great so far, with the exception of the fact that Viki, Nora, and Blair haven't been on enough.

I wish they wouldn't try so hard to make Nash and Jessica look like bad people, but I suppose we don't know what most of the audience thinks. Perhaps people are really hoping to see them as a couple. I know that this show needs couples now, because Todd & Blair are on the rocks, and the writers ditched Dorian & David. Michael and Marcie are the only strong couple at the moment, but Nash and Jessica could join them.

• Members

No, I used to "care" for him in the beginning, but ever since they started the integration and he tried like hell to keep Tess around knowing full well that it was harming Jessica's recovery, the tide started turning where Nash is concerned, and I will admit that he does have good scenes with Clint, it just pisses me off that Nash/Jess are making me feel sorry for Antonio. LOL.

• Members

I agree Shane. I think the chemistry between Jess and Nash is great. However, OLTL under Higley seems to have a problem recognizing chemistry and moving on it. They really are going out of their way to make Nash and Jess look bad and to move Antonio up a step on the saint ladder. LOL. I still think James Harmon Brown was writing the special Tess and Nash story a cople of years ago, but that is just an opinion.

You know, OLTL has abandoned some great great couples. Todd and Blair were a bedrock couple. Maybe the actors just tired of playing the same stuff, but man KDP made it work with two different actors and did it well. YOu know, she even had chemistry with Spencer. OK, she's just that good. Dorian and David were special because they both were rascals. I'd like that back.

Michael and Marcie do remain a fan favorite. I didn't think they would grow on me because I really enjoyed Al and Marcie, but they have.

Now, it really is time to see Nora. Did she vaporize after the fire? I thought Lindsey and Dorian were so funny. I really do like Viki and Clint and hope they get together. What happened to them??? It's time to see them again. Clint is the voice of reason these days. I do wish they would take a little of the sanctimony off of Viki. I don't think Dena has done Viki any favors with that.

And where is Miles? I guess he just forgot about Jess. I admit, I like him and I'm glad they are bringing him on slow.

You know, I hope we move more toward romance and couples working against live's adversities rather than triangles. The problem with triangles is there has to be a root for person. Higley seems to turn the root for into the root against.

• Members

Wow...I enjoyed the entire show today. Go figure.

Loved the Renee and Nora scenes, those two had me giggling. Very fun scenes, and it sure made me realize how much I've missed Renee. And then when they put Matthew in the mix, even better. Great stuff with these three today.

Man I love it when the McBain brothers get into arguments, I find both of them hot, and right now this is the only way I can tolerate John. LOL. And having Rex in the middle makes it that much more fun to watch. Actually enjoyed the scenes between Michael and Adriana as well. It was fun watching Marcie too, she was on fire and I loved her at the end with John. Get'em Marcie.

Even liked the Jess, Nash and Antonio stuff, the only time I got aggravated was when Jess had to hesitate on which man she wanted to be with when they were both at the hospital.

As much as I enjoyed the show, I sure do miss Viki.

• Members

I enjoyed seeing Nora and Rene today, along with Matthew. Loved Nora's "conspiracy" with Matthew to order pizza, hot wings, and disposable cups of soda to eat while in her bed (and leaving crumbs)!!

Marcie was onpoint with John today!

The whole Tonio/Jess/Nash thing - today, Nash was all about how can we do this to Tonio, etc....(shouldn't that have been Jess's lines) while Monday, I think it was, Nash had suggested that they (Jess/Nash) run off together! Which is it Nash?

Loved the McBabe brothers and Rex...

Also liked the little John/Nat scene too...

• Members

I finally got caught up, and I absolutly loved Marcie's speech to Michael. KB totally poured her heart into that. And I love the stuff with Rex/John/Michael, and I can't wait for more of Rex/Michael in jail.

I could do without the Nash/Jessica guilt... fine, be guiltly, but who cares. They will get into another situation soon, with Jessica pushing Nash away again for Antonio. I'm starting to not care about her at all.

• Members

Why does Nu-Marty think it's her job to "babysit" John? Anyone else notice she's always seeking him out, he has yet to go to her (except for that one time in her temp office, since he went looking for Doc Crosby).

Loved the Bo/John scenes and especially the Mikey/Rex scenes!!!

Good to see Blair today too!!!

The whole Tonio/Jess/Nash mess is just that... a mess... I can't believe she fell asleep at Nash's side instead of her husbands....

The Cris/Van/Todd stuff is starting to get messy too....I think I'll leave it alone - LOL...

• Members

"Run Vangie Run" I mean seriously what would it take for you to wake up and smell the roses.

The Rex and Micheal scenes were great. I although Rex is my crap books cause of Tommy but I so enjoy him when that rope around his neck is not around.

John just sucks the life from everyone I couldnt even enjoy him with Bo.

I feel sorry for Antonio someone help me. Jessica and Nash UGH and poor Antonio you are the pity one is the why she chooses you.

• Members

I love Jess and Nash. They are without doubt the best couple on the show these days because they have so much chemistry. After a week of really stupid stories and poorly written Jessica, I enjoyed today. I'm glad Jess was with Nash. It's over between Jess and Antonio and should have been a long time ago. She will stay with Antonio a little while out of pity, and of course, out of a little bit of poor writing. It truly is a story that should have come to fruition some time ago. I'm also glad that she didn't whine and pout when the newest Vega abusive boy came in.

Cris today acted like Antonio. I don't know why anyone thinks an abusive man is somehow charming or likeable. Both of the Vegas are and have been abusive. I'm glad Antonio is acting nice now, but, let's face it, it's a little late for character propping. I did like the fact that Antonio did seem to be catching on today.

I will be sorely disappointed in Evangeline if she goes crawling back to that abuser Cris. While I want Blair and Todd, I'm not very happy about OLTL once again confusing abusive with macho, and making a woman tolerant of an abusive man. I'm also a little stunned that Todd was such a wimp today.

I really like Miles. Blair cracked me up today. I'm glad she isn't groveling.

• Members

The thing that annoys me is that I want to like Cris, so I'm mad that the show makes him do things like shove Vangie or act overly macho. He could just as easily be the old fashioned, honorable type without being an ass. I'm a couple of episodes behind, so I'm looking forward to seeing the Jash scenes at the hospital. I need to catch up over the weekend.

Archived