DAYS: Talk about a slap in the face!

• Members

I was brought in during the original Reilly era, and yes... Reilly wrote them beautifully. And in the 90's, they were heads and tails above all others. Drake was younger and hot, and they put Deidre in some hot, sexy ensembles. They were my favorite.

Over time, though, my preferences tend to lean more towards Bo and Hope.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drew you are absolutely right.

Recent fans are more likely to be attached to J&M. I already was because I was watching when he was Roman so I have been there since the beginning. Most 90's stories were about them so that is why. Bo and Hope probably do well with recent fans too as they were a big part of the 90's. I was with them since the beginning too so I was already attached.

I guess that is why alot of recent fans aren't HUGE on Steve/Kayla. There are alot that are but most long time fans (as in from the 80's) are huge on them, just like I am.

• Members

It's my understanding the fans sent that in some time LAST year. I'm sure it was just put into the prop department and when a new bedroom set was needed, it got used. I doubt there was anything nefarious at work. Getting bent out of shape about it is ridiculous, IMO.

And yeah, I'd feel the same way if the situation were reversed.

• Members

If they had used it for Bope or Lumi or someone, it wouldn't have got this angry reaction. The trouble is that J&M fans are already insecure about S&K and see them as having "stolen" their turf (which, IMO, is complete bull). TPTB are probably oblivious to the bitterness between the fanbases so it wouldn't have occured to them that this would cause offence.

• Members

The J&M fans are obsessed with the idea that "Payla" have taken over the show, and that John and Marlena and the fans are being treated horribly, and it's so totally unfair, and it's just making them so angry! Honestly, they will only be happy if John and Marlena were on five days a week, the show revolved around them, and they had 10 slurpy disgusting love scenes a week. "Oh John, touch me right there, make me forget that I could be a great grandmother in a couple of years!"

• Members

I don't get into the fan base stuff. I have my favorite couples just like everyone else does but would never get in on sending something to them.

But now to the "stealing the turf" stuff, I can fully understand why the J/M fans would feel that way. The only couple who has just gotten back together when Steve/Kayla came back to the show was John & Marlena but yet they are the ones that got 2 months off. So the show didn't do anything to help the situation they only made it worse.

• Members

The way I understand it, J&M's hiatus was dictated by the writing change rather than S&K's arrival. Reilly's Alex North story concluded in May and because he had just been fired, the show didn't want to begin the new story he had penned for them. So J&M had to go on the BB until the new writer's stories could be implemented.

As for the current situation, the idea that a place can be made for J&M by axing/back-burnering S&K is implausible. I'm pretty sure that Hall/Hogestyn earn significantly more than Nichols/Evans so it's not a simple case of the one "stealing" the other's turf. Nichols and Evans could be axed and the show would still have serious difficulty accomodating J&M.

• Members

Sorry, but I'd rather not have seen it to watch it used for another couple. I didn't spend money to watch someone else use it.

Yes, they got something free, we paid for it, so you know the least they could do is use for someone else right? Please. :rolleyes:

They just happened to pick the same set, same color, same size out of the gazillion bedsets that are out there? I find that hard to belive. I don't wanna see it used for J&M now. And seriously, considering how manically they profess to label every little thing that's in the prop department. Someone screwed up somewhere along the line. And that's just disrespectful.

It wasen't a gift, it was a campaign. Campaigns seem to be the only reason J&M are still on the show since it's gotten them back before.

I would have loved for them to give it to the Salvation Army. We've done that before. Donated money to a good cause.

They had a lovescene during the Italy story.

Oh, you've talked to my friends then? Because I'll promise you, it would have gotten the same reaction no matter who it was. It could have been Shawn and Belle or someone else I liked, I would've felt the same way. The point is that I/we spent money on a John & Marlena campaign. It has nothing to do with Payla. But then, I'm just knocking my frakking head against the wall because no one will actually read my posts and get that. It is NOT about Payla. It is about TPTB being ignorant and disrespectful.

Thank you so much for speaking for me, I have no brain, I can't have an opinion of my own. Please stop assuming that J&M fans are one brain, one opinion and that they don't give a frak. One person, in the heat of the moment saying they would love 5 days of J&M does not mean every single J&M fan wants that.

• Members

No offence, but on most J&M-heavy sites, there is a hive mentaility. There is a lot about their fanbase that other fans have found to be exclusive. Any time Marlena has more than two lines in a row, Dee is crowned as "amazing." No one is always amazing, especially Dee. And this Patch/Kayla jealously is insane; they have been in a storyline that has been hanging since Steve coffin was switched. They are DUE their moment in the sun. Couples are backburnered all the time.

I can't say much more than people who have certain unsavoury opinions about J&M fans are wholly justified in having them. The few bad seeds in that fanbase seem to be the loudest.

• Members

But Andre that can be said for any fan base. I have met people from the Lumi, EJami, S/K and the Jack/Jennifer fanbases online that are just as hateful and vocal as any of the J/M fans are. Every fanbase has them, but you can't characterize a whole fanbase based on the few from that fansite who are that way. For most of them one criticism of their couple or even part of it will get you the biggest tongue-lashing you could ever have. Even the Stefano fan base has it's hateful and maniacal posters.

In fact on this board alone the first ever tongue-lashing I got was because I said I never liked Jack/Jennifer as a couple. I said I loved each character individually but not as a couple. And the two worst tongue lashings ever I got were from Steve/Kayla fans because I said they were boring and from the Stefano fans.

I definitely don't see the J/M fan base as any worse than any of them.

And for years the fanbases (on all shows but esp. on Days) have been allowed to do these campaigns and write ins. Corday and gang have welcomed them in the past and created the problem. So you can't blame the fans for buying into it.

• Members

It can be said for any fanbase, true, but this thread was about J&M so I only thought to bring them up. I don't treat individual fans like the whole, but they have to realize there is a sea of bad apples that act as ambassadors of their couple. And others dismissing people's experiences with these extreme fans isn't helpful. How my opinions have been treated by and my experiences with J&M fans is wayyy more negative than positive, and that counts for something.

Archived