DAYS: Talk about a slap in the face!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, but I think this is ridiculous. Really. Just think what probably happened as soon as DAYS got the gift. The letter ended in Corday´s office, while the gift was put into some large warehouse full of props and set pieces. After month or two nobody knew it was a gift from J/M fans. It´d been there, they needed some bedsheet for a bed in a set, so they used it. I´m pretty sure nobody from the studio crew thinks about it in terms this is S/K bedroom, or this is J/M bedroom. I doubt they even know the script or what is going to happen in the set. It´s propably more "we are doing the bedroom 2 set, we are needing setpieces F12, D47, R8 and some clean bedsheet, so try to find some."

• Members

Then yes, the show is making a personal afront to the J&M fanbase. They labelled it as, "From J&M fans, but let's piss them off because we have nothing better to do."

Yeesh. They either labelled it incorrectly or made a mistake. I'm sure they have better things to do than coddle some people who mailed in sheets.

• Members

This should be a lesson to all...

CAMPAIGNS DO NOT WORK.

Don't waste your time. Don't waste your money. I've always thought that campaigns were stupid, silly ideas. You send something in to the show, it's now their property to do with as they want. Just imagine where all the candies go that you send in -- probably right to the garbage. With terrorists and whatnot, sprinkling yummy goodies with anthrax and such, it's understandable.

Don't campaign. It's a waste of time, effort and money.

• Members

Ok, so how exactly are they getting bent out of shape. It wasn't a J&M fan that posted about it here, now was it? And I've seen you post quite a bit about it. You and the S&K fans were laughing your @sses off on one of the payla boards about it all night the other night, bashing the J&M fans and D&D. Seems you guys are the ones bent out of shape and got so much to say about it all. :P:blink: Heck one of you guys made a video making fun of it and bashing Deidre Hall. :rolleyes::blink:

• Members

I guess it's just that the majority of us around here are soap fans.

Yes, we have our favorites. But in general, we're fans of the shows... not just one or two couples.

We understand that soap operas are an ensemble effort, and we appreciate the artform that the soap opera is. We don't want a soap opera to revolve around only one couple -- even if it's our favorite. We also understand that on a good soap opera, there's a rotation between frontburner and backburner status. On a good soap opera, no lead character is ever on frontburner or backburner status forever. Because of that, we also understand that -- from time to time -- our favorites are going to take a backseat. Its a soap opera. And although there's nothing wrong with certain viewers only watching for one or two characters, it tends to annoy the rest of us who are soap fans (not just 'couples' fans) when certain people expect the show to just be "the J&M show" or "the Bope show." They act like their couple is the be-all/end-all of the show, and the truth is... that's just not the case. Soaps are an ensemble effort, and that's that.

If John and Marlena are still on the backburner with no story... say... 2/3 months from now, I'll be more understanding of the anger. I'll be angry myself. However, as of now, they're just on the backburner and that's that. On a soap opera, it happens.

Meanwhile, does it annoy anyone else whenever Days hires a new actor/actress and everyone automatically begins wondering who they should be paired with? Why are you completely useless on this show unless you're part of a couple? Can't you just be an interesting character, solo and single?

• Members

I see both sides of the argument.

From the perspective of J/M fans, Steve and Kayla were gone for fifteen years and suddenly come back, shoving J/M to the backburner and taking their rightful place on the forefront of the show. S/K should take a backseat to the rest who've 'been there through it all.'

From the perspective of the S/K fans, John and Marlena have spent the last fifteen years in frontburner stories and their fans have gotten to see tons of them for years and years. In their minds, after fifteen years of having nothing, it's about time that S/K get the frontburner status that they've been denied for the last decade and a half.

Both sides have valid arguments and points of view.

Archived