DAYS: Talk about a slap in the face!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, I'd love to see them actually go somewhere with this and explore the fact that at some point John, Marlena, Hope and Steve were all held captive by Stephano. And all (except maybe Marlena?) experienced memory wipes of some sort.

In fact, there was a short period of time between 90 and 92 where Hope, Marlena and Steve would have all been captive at the same time.

Do something with that, Sheffer!

• Members

Wow! Can't we all just get along? I'm a Bo/Hope fan myself, but I can understand that sometimes they need a break. And while I enjoy John and Marlena, they have had a lot of major stories over the years and I don't understand why it's such a crime that someone else gets a big story for awhile. It's "Days of our Lives", not the John and Marlena show. It is disappointing to not see your favorites very often, but IMO it's worse to see them in a bad storyline, just for the sake of having them on the screen. With Stefano and Elvis DiMera in town, I'm sure John and Marlena will get pulled into the story but evidently HS thinks it's important to first develop the Steve angle.

Having said all that, please give Bo/Hope a scene where they name that baby!

• Members

I've never been a John/Marlena fan. I just don't see the chemistry all their supporters have raved about for years.

Their fanbase would have to be the most obsessive out there: sending bedsheets to the studio for their couple is both ridiculous and rather sad at the same time. :lol::lol::lol:

John/Marlena the most popular DAYS couple ever? Jack/Jennifer fans might care to disagree!

• Members

I don't get this awe for John and Marlena. I hate them and always will. I could care less if they are on the show. They are tolerable now under Hogan's pen, but they are useless in my eyes. Anyway, to use a J/M fanbase present for ANOTHER couple is a total dis. They might as well spit on them, too. All of their efforts were thrown away just like that. I do think the campaign is extreme, but that was not a good way to thank the J/M fans. Regardless of budget issues, the bedding sheet should have been used for J/M in any way before going to another couple. That's just so wrong.

• Members

I wish that too, but among fanbases of any soap and esp. the Days fanbases it is hard. Even sadder is that Days producers and writers created these fanbases and use them and they can't even get something like this right. That is all I will say on that. I think it was a cute gesture and if Days wants the fanbases and they have proven in the past they do, then they should work to get things like this right. Enough said.

As to people saying the J/M fanbase is worse, I see pretty much all the fan bases pretty equal. As I said back 5 or 6 pages the only fan bases at Days that I have ever had trouble out of are the Jack/Jennifer, Patch/Kayla and the Stefano fan bases. So I could easily point fingers and say those are the 3 worse fan bases Days have, but I don't.

I understand the fact that in every fan base there are the almost Jan Spears-like fans who obsession goes well beyond just loving the couple or character into almost idolizing them and wanting them around. to that person you better not say anything about their fave. That is what got me in trouble with those 3 fan bases.

So to the statement or question, I don't feel Days fans will ever fully get along. There will always be disagreement.

To me I agree with so much here. I do think this was wrong that Days did this. I do think that some John/Marlena fans are blowing this way out of proportion but as I said I understand their anger.

And as to the brainwashing thing, I feel that Sheffer is missing a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG opportunity here. With 4 Emmy's to his credit he should be the writer to be able to write a story that fully involved from the start Marlena, John, & Hope's story together and create one big umbrella story. But as I have said before and anyone that watched ATWT under him, Hogan has his faves. I have known all along that Mary Beth Evans is one of his favorite actresses. So I knew that Patch & Kayla would be on a lot due to that. I see John/Marlena and Bo/Hope staying on the peripheral edge of the story - never at the center - and never in the full umbrella of the story as it should be. Just my opinion of experience watching his stuff play out for 5 years on ATWT.

Archived