DAYS: Talk about a slap in the face!

• Members

So, I was just over at SC, and apparently many of the John/Marlena fans sent in a bedding set to kickstart a campaign to get a J/M lovescene ("We want to see J/M between the sheets!")

Anyway, turns out... the very expensive bedding set (paid for by the J/M fans) was used in a scene with Steve and Kayla either yesterday or today, LMAO! How horrible is that? I mean, wow... what a slap in the face! Our very own "Pest Spray" even put money in on the bedding set. And rather than using it for a J/M love scene, they give it to Steve and Kayla.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw this on a few other boards.

It's not that big of a deal. They may use it for many couples. J&M may get to use it in the future when it is called for. How do they it's the same one and, even if it is, there are budget issues so maybe the show felt like using it for more then just J&M.

I think it's kind of nuts that a fanbase even did this. Honestly, this is just a fanbase getting worked up over nothing, something that has been happening alot lately in regards to believing screentime and budget rumors and the like. There is no proof that this won't be used for J&M. If it goes months and it isn't used for them but for others, fine but, otherwise, whatever. Sounds like a non-issue to me at this juncture.

• Members

I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's all the endless fanbase complaining and all so I can't feel bad about this but since J&M are not being used all that much maybe they decided to use it for Steve/Kayla at the moment to save cash. They may use it for J&M later or something. Plus, no one knows if this is the same one. It could be a coincidence.

I won't jump to conclusions. If John wakes up and J&M never use the bedroom set and others do, fine it's a slap in the face. Otherwise, it may be a little too early to go nuts about this IMO.

• Members

^^^I don't know. It's like imagine those cakes that the fans sent in for Julia Barr, and then in an episode they have a food fight featuring those cakes or something. Okay, not the best example, but I think that was absurd on the part of TPTB at DAYS. It's like you're spitting in the fan's faces basically. I KNOW DAYS can't be that cheap for a bed.

• Members

I think the cake thing isn't the same sort of issue.

I mean, there is no way of knowing it's even the same bed or whatever. I guess I just see it as a non-issue. It can always be used for J&M somewhere down the line or maybe it was a mistake by a crew member who had no idea it was for them specifically and used it. Sometimes I wish people would wait and get the concrete facts first before losing it over things because there is no way of knowing if this is actually a valid reason to get upset, a misunderstanding, or just something that happened by accident.

• Members

They could have thrown it into the trash or given it to the Salvation Army. I think the soap should not accept gifts from fans requesting they be used on the sets at all much less demanding a love scene between characters. That is presumptious and not very good business minded, either. So far Hogan has not had revealing sex scenes and I've been applauding that. John and Marlena are as interesting to me as Caroline and Shawn, Sr. when it comes to watching them in bed. Gross.

'

• Members

I agree. Seriously, alot of the Days fanbases are way too volatile lately. They are jumping on anything they can to complain right now. I mean no one knows if it was the actual item sent or if it was a mistake or something. J&M may still end up using it. They won't right now so let Steve/Kayla have it. Who cares? :lol:

• Members

It's arguable to say that they are the most popular couple as a whole of the 40+ years that the show has been on the air. But for those fans that were brought on during the Reilly era, John and Marlena are it. And that includes me. :)

Archived