DAYS: Talk about a slap in the face!

• Members

I wasn't laughing at "J&M fans." Just the Vocal Minority, the few over-the-top people who have, in my opinion, lost all perspective. It's a freakin' TV show. Yes, in light of CONSTANT, IMO childish, complaints from the Vocal Minority that "Payla steals everything from J&M," I find the whole comforter thing hilarious. And yes, I would find it hilarious if it had happened the other way around.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so are you like the spokesperson for this board?

In your opinion of course. Don't tell the payla fans that. They only came back to Days becuz payla returned, and I'm sure they will leave again when payla do.

I guess being off most of the summer and barely on since they returned from that unasked for vacation wasn't a problem for you then.

I agree with that point. I have watched soaps my whole life and I've often been a fan of just single characters and dont' care if they are paired with anyone.

• Members

So payla fans weren't childish over the top and losing all perspective when Billie was horning in on Steve? GMAB, ok? Payla fans just can't deal with anyone that doesn't cherish the allmighty payla. God forbid a J&M fan says they don't like payla and all hell comes down on them and they're labeled -just the way you just labeled them.

• Members

I've been here since day one, and I post regularly (which means I don't come out of the woodwork only when I can conveniently throw the weight of my posse around, ahem). Having posted here since 2001, I think I tend to know my fellow soap fans and posters here. And mind you, I said 'vast majority,' not all. :)

• Members

I disagree with that completely.

As for last summer's absence, that was before Hogan, so I can't really 'blame' him. They weren't really gone for that long though, were they? It was originally supposed to be for 2+ months, but as soon as the new team came onboard, they brought 'em back early. Or am I remembering incorrectly? Anyway, that was pre-Hogan, so he can't be charged with the 'crime.'

John and Marlena got awesome material during the last half of 2006. Awesome, awesome stuff! And I know many J/M fans LOVED it... only a select few were unhappy that there was no 'story,' just scenes. Anyway, yeah, I disagree. I thought the stuff was great.

• Members

Actually it is.

Drake, cut your hair! Growing it long will not make you look younger. It just makes you look like you've got something to hide (bald spot? receeding hairline?). The man looks much better with shorter hair (a la summer/1997).

• Members

Kenny, if I'm remembering correctly, we were told J&M would be off canvas for 8 weeks and they were gone for 8 weeks. But it was always my understanding that it all had to do with ending the Alex story and there not being scripts in place for them.

Archived