DAYS: Talk about a slap in the face!

• Members

When? 2001 was a year Sami had story. That was the year of the coronation and the Roberto's infamous confession tape was changing hands like hotcakes.

Linn is right. Since Sami's been on the show (14 years now), she has never been on the backburner. I'm not complaining because she is my favorite character, but when you talk about lack of balance, Sami is on the list.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. Sami was on the backburner in 2001. Perhaps not early 2001, but later through the year... yes.

There was a period of six months where she had no story, whatsoever. Remember the SOD Cover about "Happy DAYS Are Here Again!" and it had Sami/Austin on the cover, talking about how they were finally going to get a big new story with their upcoming engagement? I believe Ali Sweeney even went several months without being in a single episode.

• Members

Not according to the episode counts they weren't. Since June, Madison & Cook & then Madison & Beemer were both usually either higher than Hogestyn & Hall or there was just one month where they were pretty equal with them. Hogestyn & Cook were tied, but Madison was higher than Hall I seem to remember.

GBB has them posted in this thread. There was one month during the fall that Madison had 18 appearances that month and tied for 2nd. And I know the first two months that Beemer was on he was #2 or close to it. Shawn was used a lot more those months than Belle was but they were still on pretty heavy.

They have been even heavier than Patch & Kayla.

• Members

You're right, Kenny. I just went back and did some research. The middle part of 2001 consisted of the Salem bombings, the baby switch, and the field trip to the island. Sami wasn't part of any of that. It wasn't until the last quarter of the year that she started getting story with Austin and Nicole.

• Members

Your dislike of Hogan seems to stem from ATWT. You seem to be carrying over an infused judgement, still judging his works from ATWT rather than judging his work at Days on Days alone. You're using his time as ATWT as if it suddenly makes you a psychic. "Here's what we're going to see... and I hate him for it already," even though most of it hasn't come to pass yet.

I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just something I've noticed.

• Members

Well then I think they were just supporting in other people's stories, because I don't remember alot of plot movement with Shawn and Belle between the time that he dumped Mimi and when they brought back Phillip.

• Members

I've noticed that too, Kenny. And it's not just Steve doing it. Many ATWT fans have made remarks about Hogan's time over there and what we should expect to see on DAYS. It can't be said enough. ATWT and DAYS are two entirely different shows. What didn't work, in your eyes, on ATWT could be the very thing DAYS needs in mine.

To each his own. Just give the guy a break, and don't judge.

• Members

I agree there but right now I can't see how they are saving money. I mean last fall when the GL story came out about them offering O'Leary, Keifer, and Chamberlain a contract - the story said they were offering them a non-traditional soap contract only guaranteeing 2 days work a week. They said the standard was 3 days that a contract performer has to be paid for.

Right now there is no way that Hogestyn, Hall, Recell or Alfonso (maybe Reckell is averaging it) - but I don't see them averaging that now and depending on where they are at in the cycle with 2 months off Hogestyn & Hall have to be way off.

Even if they don't have to pay until the end of the cycle they are going to be paying them for not working. That is wasting money on an already tight budget. And with Hall's contract - that is a lot of bucks wasted.

• Members

Shawn and Belle did not have a storyline that consisted of those two. Shawn had his own little storyline with Willow and Bo and Hope's disapproval of his relationship with her. Belle, on the other hand, was also harping on Shawn's involvement with Willow and she was also involved with Victor, letting him see Claire.

• Members

Yes. All that happened was Shawn taking the job as EJ's messenger, him and Willow, along with some on/off stuff with Victor spending time with Claire and sneaking her to Philip.

Only now have they been really frontburner.

J/M were frontburner all of December, alot of November and October too if memory is correct. I don't get what all the fuss is. They have been majorly backburned yes, but after being featured for about three months straight!

• Members

Excuse me for trying to discuss this. I did not say I don't like Hogan. I said this is what he does.

I do not hate Hogan - I don't like some things he does but I don't hate him. I have been talking about for a week now things I like that he does.

Excuse me for having an opinion. But I guess that is wrong.

• Members

Well, maybe they have big story planned for later this year where Deidre Hall will be working 4+ days a week, and in which case they don't want to use up all of her episodes now and end up having to pay extra for going above the quota later in the year. Who the hell knows, LoL

Archived