DAYS: Talk about a slap in the face!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not directing this at any group in particular but it's definitely been my experience that some fanbases are more hateful and obnoxious than others. It's true that every fanbase has certain "bad apples" who give the others a bad name. But these "bad apples" tend to be louder and more numerous in some fanbases than others. Also, some fanbases are quick to call out the behavior of these posters whereas others encourage or ignore it.

• Members

I agree. I remember when J/J fans were doing their M/M´s campaigns, many actors, not just M/M ate them. It was basically on the set for everyone to take. I fully understand why it is little touching now combined with J/M´s lack of airtime, but I´m pretty sure the prop guy simply used it because it was available and nobody put a "J/M´s scene exlusive" tag on it.

Btw, I really don´t think this huge negative reaction will do anything good for J/M. I´m pretty sure TPTB will just think their fans are even more weird and obsessive than they thought. I think people tends to forget it´s just a business for Corday and co., and for a lot of actors too, and they aren´t attached to the characters the same way their fans are.

• Members

It is, essentially, slap in the face. The show has to know that J&M fans feel some animosity towards Steve and Kayla. Here, for over 15 years, we have seen nothing but John and Marlena front and center. Then, once the show brings Steve and Kayla, arguably the most popular couple to grace the show, we get no John and Marlena. Die-hard fans don't give a damn about the budget problems. They're pissed!

I am a John and Marlena fan, and yes, I'd like to see them used more. I'm not saying that they have to have a front burner storyline. I would love to see Marlena helping Steve with his mental capacity (which we're getting soon). I want to see John giving Steve advice an the DiMeras. I want to see Marlena consoling Sami after she finally breaks down and tells her mother about the EJ situation. I felt like Celeste took over Marlena's role yesterday. I wanted Marlena to be the first one Sami told, not Celeste.

It's just a real shame that J&M (and BOPE) have to be the casualties to the budget cuts. It's really the writers fault for keeping these high-priced actors in the front and center storylines that fans grow completely attached. If the show had better balance for the past 15 years, this transition would have been easier for fans to take. You can't give us something for a large amount of time and then take it away and not expect fans to be upset.

• Members

Again agreed.

I think the issue here is that the rabid fanbases (some fanbases are really nice) are confused as to what they want. I have heard in several occasions some fanbases say they loved the writing last summer and fall but, back last summer and fall, they said they hated it. You have some that complain that a certain couple's scene was too short or complain that they didn't see the beginning of a love scene. Fanbases have nitpicked so much in the past. One day they want the couple happy and one day they want a story where they couple needs to fight to stay together. The show is probably gets dizzy trying to figure out what ewactly the fans want. You heard many say they hated JER but now I still hear some people say that they preferred him over Hogan. Many have had it out for Hogan since his thrid week because they thought the couples would be reunited overnight. Lately, people have been nuts about the backburnering of the big 4 even though Bope waa due some time off and J&M's story was obviously changed for some reason (still think because of Drake). Many rumors have been out there and it seems like some of these fanbases only want to discuss the negative ones. No one knows what has happened behind the scenes or what is going on and that is the problem with some of these fanbases. They assume they know what is happening and that is wrong. No one knows why this bedroom set was used. It could've been an honest mistake. No one knows, which is why blowing out of proportion like the backburnering and budget rumors is wrong. Until we get the facts, no one really knows. That is why I think this is a non-issue at this moment. If we knew it was intentional and that the show knew it was for J&M and there was no confusion over it, then it is a slap in the face. We don't know that.

Stuff like this always has the chance of being used for the wrong purpose anyway. I think any fanbase is taken a chance with an item that large being sent. J&M could still use it in the future. No one knows. If this is the set and J&M had used it first and then other couples, I wonder if this would get the same reaction

• Members

It would different if they even had been front and center for years. That's the exact point. They were pushed aside for years, a couple comes back after 16 years and immidiatly, J&M are put offscreen for like three months. Along comes the first writer since Sheri Anderson who seems to actually GET them (the spark was back, the were the bickering, sexy, funny, sassy couple I fell in love with) and who promises us that we'll see so much of them we won't even belive it. We even have spoilers, but, then comes the editing and the cutting of scenes and the taking them off the stove again. Of course we're pissed, Bo & Hope fans may be new to that game, but we aren't. Every year since 2003, J&M have been forced on the backburner only to be brought back after campaigns and writing in. I'm sick of that. It would be different if they had been on the frontburner consistantly for years, but they weren't.

How do we know we're getting it? That's the point, Drake isen't working, Deidre has one episode on Friday and after that we don't know. They're sending John away, no reaction from Marlena and no spoilers or anything after that.

And sorry, but I don't belive Corday. Last 5 years he's said we're getting a miraculous love story, and we got Tony/Marlena, RoJosh/Marlena, John/Kate, backburner and turning our fantasy story into a trainwreck that a) made no sense and changed path every episode and B) was about everything except J&M.

Archived