B&B: Ratings are sinking

• Members

Latest ratings: B&B is down to 3.0 and now tied in 2nd place with GH.

GH seems set to take over the No 2 slot on its own soon.

Brad Bell is destroying B&B: too much incest, family partner swapping, BRIDGE isn't the ratings winner it once was, Nick has become an out of control control freak, Rick/Phoebe is a disaster in the making, talented actors are either barely used, or fired(William De Vry and Dax Griffin recently) etc. And I doubt bringing over Eileen Davidson will do the show much good. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This can be good and bad. B&B always seems to feature their vets in stories which is always good. Which keeps them at #2. But it is always...Brooke/Ridge....or Brooke/Stephanie. And sometimes it gets boring no matter how great Stephanie is. The storyline of Stepahine's abuse was told so fast. If you missed a week u were clueless as to the outcome.

• Members

I really don't understand why the ratings have been so bad, they were even bad in December and that was a great month, and so was most of January. I think the show has been pretty good, and very campy. I don't like the Rick and Phoebe crap, or Ridge and Brooke, but other than that it is pretty good right now.

• Members

I haven't figured out why the ratings are so high. Not that I'm complaining since I'm watching it now but I'm confused by the high ratings combined with the lack of online activity. Is their viewer range skewed toward older non-techies types while Days for example is skewed to the 20s and teens that have lots of online skills?

If BB is rated so high (ie watched by so many more people) why do we barely have one thread a week here with maybe one entry a day and yet a Days daily thread averages 4 pages? Other boards, even those dedicated to BB are also much slower than what I'm used to seeing for Days.

Also how do 1/2 shows compare with 1 hour shows. It has fewer advertising slots available.

• Members

I don't think a soaps activity on SON is a complete indication of its popularity. B&B has so many different fan sites, devoted to all the different couples that any group can find their niche. I might be one of the only few who actually quit those stupid boards and posts exclusively here. The other ones are too involved on the show while this board provides more of a general over view. Plus the B&B now has its own exclusive board where Brad Bell has been known to post.

I think the soap who's downfall you can really see here is Y&R. There used to be multiple topics about the show in both the discuss the soaps and the spoiler zone and in the past month it has been limited to the weekly discussion and exit discussions.

• Members

About the posting amount, fans of Days and ABC soaps are just vocal. Y&R and B&B have fans, they just aren't as outspoken.

I think the show is kinda boring. I wish they'd drop NuRick. They should focus on Pamela (I love Alley Mills). I also wish they'd tone down what seems like NuNick. He has seemed so harsh these past few months and is too crazed on revenge. I like Phoebe and MM, and I guess Bradley does too, he just doesn't seem to know what he wants for her.

• Members

NuRick isn't the problem. His hair, on the other hand...

My biggest problem is Nick(a character I found expendible AGES ago. Jack Wagner puts out crap performances to Brad Bell's shitty character assassinations). This character should have been off the show like TWO YEARS AGO!

I also have a big problem with a Phoebe/Rick romance, because there is no chemistry there and it goes with the "keeping it in the family" theme. I'm surprised Brooke condones this crush, especially considering how much she bawled her eyes out when Bridget/Ridge hooked up the first time(IMO, a far more entertaining and combustible chemistry, JennFinn made it work).

• Members

The Official B&B Board(which I use to frequently visit and post on) is the bomb, especially when I used to plan my entire life around that half-hour. Loved reading posts from glennbird, although he was very pro-Taylor.

And you thought THIS board had nutcases? Has anyone even seen the Official B&B Board and the one linked to the World of B&B Site? Things get downright nasty and vicious between Brooke/Non-Brooke fans on the boards there.

Archived